• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 78
  • Google (AdSense) (3)
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

CHAT: THE BEST IN SHOW

Started by ABERS, August 18, 2013, 07:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on August 21, 2013, 07:23:41 PM
It will be difficult to choose the ultimate winner, as there will be (I hope) many different types/styles and genres.

That's the idea R, mind you Alex has set the bar pretty high already!  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 21, 2013, 10:33:34 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 21, 2013, 07:23:41 PM
It will be difficult to choose the ultimate winner, as there will be (I hope) many different types/styles and genres.

That's the idea R, mind you Alex has set the bar pretty high already!  :tup:

I know. My entry will be totally different; not set up, but shot 'in the wild.'
A totally diferent kettle of fish. And how do you compare a kettle of fish with poker players?

Really looking forward to the entries!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Quote from: ABERS on August 21, 2013, 10:33:34 PM
. . . mind you Alex has set the bar pretty high already!  :tup:

I can see why you like it Alan ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

I'm pretty sure there will be a lot more to 'like'  yet. ;)

Hinfrance

Got my effort done:

Born in the Old UK:

Mainly because I like my Les Paul Prophecy quite a lot ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Butterflies and Bee

Unless some little surprise pops in my way.

OOPs Just re read - it says "shot" - not a composite  ::)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

I don't think Abers would want to exclude your picture Andy, but maybe he'll let us know his ruling on that one.

Just looked at mine on the uncalibrated laptop, having edited it on a monitor that my Spyder 4 Pro says is bang on, and it looks magenta toned on the lappie. Oh well!

Ah, it seems I was wearing my sunglasses when I edited it - doh!. I haven't got the time to chnge it now - another busy weekend ahead.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

All and everything is allowed. It doesn't have to be taken with a camera or a phone.

You ain't seen mine yet, or at least the one I'm planning! ::)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 22, 2013, 06:28:20 PM
I don't think Abers would want to exclude your picture Andy, but maybe he'll let us know his ruling on that one.

Just looked at mine on the uncalibrated laptop, having edited it on a monitor that my Spyder 4 Pro says is bang on, and it looks magenta toned on the lappie. Oh well!

To be honest Howard, I would rather go in with a 'single shot' entry as I reckon getting it right in camera is what it is really about - It is a shame I did not keep the best one of the originals in tact (due to clicking the wrong save drop down at the wrong moment ) :uglystupid2:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on August 22, 2013, 06:50:54 PM
All and everything is allowed. It doesn't have to be taken with a camera or a phone.

You ain't seen mine yet, or at least the one I'm planning! ::)

Well thanks for that Alan, I will see how things pan out over the next few days  :tup:

ABERS

You can have a bit of fun as well.

Not my entry I might add. :uglystupid2:

Reinardina

I had planned to enter a 'straight' shot, more or less straight from the camera, but now you're giving me ideas! (Dangerous at my age!)

I'll have to see if I have a shot I can play around with. Going out again this morning, so everything is still possible.

Hinfrance

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 22, 2013, 06:53:32 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on August 22, 2013, 06:28:20 PM

To be honest Howard, I would rather go in with a 'single shot' entry as I reckon getting it right in camera is what it is really about - It is a shame I did not keep the best one of the originals in tact (due to clicking the wrong save drop down at the wrong moment ) :uglystupid2:

Do you not still have the image on the camera card, maybe recoverable with something like Pandora or PC Inspector?

Meanwhile I'm in with my magenta tinged shot. Rose tinted spectacles and all that ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

spikeyjen

not sure I will make it this weekend, I'm sick (genuinely sick), and running out of mojo!

Reinardina

Quote from: spikeyjen on August 23, 2013, 09:41:48 AM
not sure I will make it this weekend, I'm sick (genuinely sick), and running out of mojo!

Concentrate on getting better; if you manage that, the mojo will be running back to you. (Do they run?)

Best of luck for both.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.