• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CATS AND DOGS : CHAT Thread for comp 1st - 8th March 2015

Started by jinky, March 01, 2015, 07:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

CATS AND DOGS

CHAT THREAD ONLY........entry thread is here :http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=4283.msg49781;topicseen#new

Weekly competition Sunday 1st March  to Sunday 8th March 2015

What should be another easy enough theme - whatever the weather and surroundings. No plays on weather themes unless it actually includes images of cats and dogs. Love `em or hate `em  I want to see some cute cat and dog pictures for as we know H these pets bring so much to our lives or those of others.  H can even shoot his favourite pet (with a camera please - nothing else Howard  ;) )

All photos to be taken by midnight on Sunday 8th March.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 9th March 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 10th March 2015. 
Winner to be announced Saturday 14th  March  2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc

kerbside

Just had a humungus Thunder storm here and it is raining cats and dogs right now, will this count?

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on March 01, 2015, 07:55:48 AM
Just had a humungus Thunder storm here and it is raining cats and dogs right now, will this count?

No, that is specifically excluded! Unless you throw some real cats and dogs in.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I'm sure I will be able to get a shot of Vomit the Cat at some point this week. The useless thing is either asleep, licking it's bum or throwing up, and rarely moves with any alacrity. Easy target . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 01, 2015, 10:31:03 AM
I'm sure I will be able to get a shot of Vomit the Cat at some point this week. The useless thing is either asleep, licking it's bum or throwing up, and rarely moves with any alacrity. Easy target . .

You know you love him  ;)

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

spikeyjen

Why is it that each time a new topic is announced I have the perfect picture - that was taken last week. I'm off to Churchill so I night find a husky or two

spikeyjen

I've just been out to see the musher dogs camp, took 200+ photos of the dog, will have to see what I can come up with

Hinfrance

Our stupid stupid cat, a dimwit even among his particularly moronic species, has run into a bush and now has an infected wound on his face. He is, therefore, for the foreseeable future, not even able to be considered "cute". Useless piece of  . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Well my stupid cat wouldn`t sit on next door`s low roof in my limited time to shoot so this is a composite of the roof, cat on the fence and moon shot messily put together in a rush. I`ll see if I can get a better one before the week is out.

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 04, 2015, 07:08:17 PM
Well my stupid cat wouldn`t sit on next door`s low roof in my limited time to shoot so this is a composite of the roof, cat on the fence and moon shot messily put together in a rush. I`ll see if I can get a better one before the week is out.

Well, if you set fire to the roof you could call it 'Cat on a hot tin roof.  :P

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on March 04, 2015, 07:11:45 PM
Quote from: jinky on March 04, 2015, 07:08:17 PM

Well, if you set fire to the roof you could call it 'Cat on a hot tin roof.  :P

Yes but I was aiming for a low key rather than high key result  ;)

spikeyjen

my my, I sense a little anti-feline sentiment here... I do like your 'cat on the roof' picture, but you will not get my vote if you call the cat 'stupid'.

jinky

Quote from: spikeyjen on March 04, 2015, 09:21:59 PM
my my, I sense a little anti-feline sentiment here... I do like your 'cat on the roof' picture, but you will not get my vote if you call the cat 'stupid'.

I'll have you know I love my cat dearly. That said he is pretty stupid if not on this occasion for not getting on the roof.

spikeyjen

Have had a great day today. Got a chance to go out with a fellow who races the sled dogs in North Canada (ie in Winter). He's currently training a pack of dogs for a 200 km race next week. Spent the morning photographing his dogs. Here are a couple of pics.

And this is the one I'll put in competition this week...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.