• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT TREAD - POWER - 24 FEB to 2 MARCH

Started by Jediboy, February 22, 2014, 10:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

CHAT THREAD

This week's theme is POWER.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted but could include something that uses power, creates power or is powerful.

No restrictions on Post Processing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 24th February 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 2nd March 2014.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 3rd March 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 4 March 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 8th March. 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Good Luck and Enjoy.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

DigiDiva

Just realised that not one person has commented about this thread! Power - I have a couple of planned shots in mind this weekend. How's everyone else doing?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

I've got one already, but hoping for a better go on Sunday, weather permitting.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Been too busy with other things. Unless something hits me (powerfully) in the face, when I happen to have the camera at hand, there will be nothing from me.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Looks like it will be tomorrow or bust for me, great day here but having to rebuild the fence >:(

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Jediboy

I need it pull my finger out too. Got a couple of ideas but no time!

Chris

Reinardina

No wonder, if you waste your time submitting double posts!   ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on March 01, 2014, 09:45:00 AM
Looks like it will be tomorrow or bust for me, great day here but having to rebuild the fence >:(

Don't you use power tools for the fence?

kerbside

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

DigiDiva

Jeff you stole my idea!!!! Good job I have another couple of ideas under my hat. Well, if I can persuade hubby to model for me again bless him.

kerbside

Yep, got to strike when you can Chris, more poer lines are ok though as the picture would not be the same.

Hinfrance

The sun came out this morning. A lovely crisp day for a visit to the local car/motorcycle club monthly meeting. Lots of interesting stuff for a car/bike nut like myself. This grotty El Camino caught me eye, so I'm in with Grunge Power:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

Sadly, I will not be entering this week - have spent the last few days fighting a miserable cold from the bed (I'm not allowed to say Man Flu - Mrs B's orders), and then having the grand kids dropped off this morning just for one of them to keep decorating the living room with last nights meal  :-X

Sometimes, you just get it all wrong :-( Next should be ok though, I'm hoping the skies will be the limit  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Jediboy

My idea didn't work. The new solar farm locally that I had intended to photograph was crawling with workmen when I went down there earlier today. This meant a last minute rush looking around the home for something suitable. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I've got anything I can use.

Chris

DigiDiva

Just posted for next weeks theme, before posting for this weeks. How weird!

I wanted hubby to 'pose' using a dumbbell so I could capture the strength and power in his arm. Was going to use white background and do it as high key, however, he had a little too much 'after defeat' ale and fell asleep, refusing to wake for the shot! So I had to use my other idea.

I have posted 'Blow Your Fuse' as my 'Power' entry.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.