• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 148
  • Total: 148
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Potato - CHAT 27/06-5/07/20

Started by jinky, June 27, 2020, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

POTATO

I meant to enter a competition this month, the Potato Photographer of the Year  which yes, is a real competition to be judged by Martin Parr and others. Today I realised that I had not only missed the deadline but that there was a £5 charge for submissions so that`s gone! I hadn`t come up with an idea yet so I bring the challenge here. Give me your best shot featuring the humble potato - whether a Maris Piper, King Edward or Jersey Royal, mashed , chipped or boiled. Could be a straight food shot or something humorous. Whatever you like processed any way you choose.

This is the CHAT thread.
Pictures to be taken preferably between now and Sunday 5th July 2020, or if you do not have time something from your archives that fits the brief.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 6th July 2020.
Poll will be up Tuesday 7th July 2020.

Winner to be announced Saturday 11th July 2020.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Oldboy

I thought Spud-u-like went bankrupt years ago!  ;)

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on June 27, 2020, 04:29:35 PM
I thought Spud-u-like went bankrupt years ago!  ;)

No they`re still around. Sometimes have one at York retail Outlet if I am dragged there. :)

jinky

Right I`m in  bright and early as I realised my dinner was the theme with a few additions

Working on the Perfect Hasselback ( a potato tha you slash almost through repeatedly and then bake with butter / olive oil and intersperse with cheese on this occasion. Topped with hoemmade chilli and roasted vegetables it was a very nice entry to eat at least!  :D

And in it`s final ready to eat form with the chilli

Oldboy

Wouldn't fancy eating that after all those builders, with their muddy boots, have walked all over it.  :o

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on June 30, 2020, 11:42:47 PM
Wouldn't fancy eating that after all those builders, with their muddy boots, have walked all over it.  :o

It's OK they were covid compliant and had washed their hands  ;)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on July 01, 2020, 07:48:21 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on June 30, 2020, 11:42:47 PM

It's OK they were covid compliant and had washed their hands  ;)

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.