• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 135
  • Total: 135
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on March 16, 2016, 05:23:13 PM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on March 16, 2016, 02:17:35 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 16, 2016, 01:59:49 PM
That's fantastic Alf. (Hope you take your wife for a relaxing holiday too!)

Yep
As soon as she is fully recovered. ( I have some gardening and pointing of walls for her to do as well )   :legit:

Some gentle gardening will help the healing, which might make her strong and fit enough to do the pointing, but somehow, I'm not too sure about that.

Pointing very easy, just stretch out straight your index finger saying, "That needs doing, that needs doing........  :P

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on March 16, 2016, 07:50:57 PM

Yep
As soon as she is fully recovered. ( I have some gardening and pointing of walls for her to do as well )   :legit:

Some gentle gardening will help the healing, which might make her strong and fit enough to do the pointing, but somehow, I'm not too sure about that.

Pointing very easy, just stretch out straight your index finger saying, "That needs doing, that needs doing........  :P

And I suppose, when you point to a wall, it becomes 'wall pointing'?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on March 16, 2016, 10:07:25 AM
WMMFGT ?
Not just today.
As some of you know, some weeks ago my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer.
She has now had her mastectomy and some lymph nodes removed.

All tests post op now reveal there is no cancers remaining therefore no radio or chemo therapy is required  :tup: :tup:.
Been a stressful 6 weeks.

So now she is fine I have her blessing to pop up to Scotland for a weeks photography with a couple of pals and old dcm members :tup:

Great news - she`ll go from strength to strength now  ;)

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Oldboy on March 16, 2016, 07:50:57 PM

Yep

Might be easy OB but I prefer my fingers unbroken.   :knuppel2: :legit:

Thanks all for the kind words :tup: :tup:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

jinky

Just discovered that in our up and coming road trip in May around California, Grand Canyon, Death Valley and Yosemite that the Ansel Adams Gallery is located in Yosemite Village and I`ll be able to go and see his work. Must try and do a modest re-created version of one of his shots I guess! So looking forward to this trip. :)

jinky

After my trials and tribulations with my PC this morning a upturn in fortune. Managed to sell a Nikon SB600 flashgun I`m not using much for £120. When I got the box / packaging out of the attack it still had the original receipt in. Cost me £134  when I bought it many years ago. Now that`s a result!

anglefire

Bought a Canon 135mm F2 L lens today - second hand (dated 2013), but mint. Barely used. It's a lens I've longed to have since I tried one in WEX Norwich in 2008. Can't wait to try it in anger!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

People are paying over the odds for equipment at the moment. A friend sold two items recently via eBay, and in both cases people paid far more than he hoped to get. He was astounded, that they apparently do not do their homework, before buying.

anglefire

I paid £460 for mine - happy with that since they are £680 ish new and it is genuinely mint.
But yes, it is possible to pay too much for some kit. Actually most of my lenses have been bought 2nd hand - except my 24-105, 100mm Macro and 100-400 - My 50mm f1.8, 17-40f4, 85mmf1.8, 70-200f4 & 400mm f5.6 (Now sold all bar the shouting) were all bought off ebay or via friends
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Despite promises to my wife the only gear I have sold since giving up shooting for money was a Nikon SB600. Hard to price as look them up on Amazon etc and they come up with daft prices as they are discontinued. I got £120 for a flashgun I paid £140 for some 7/8 years ago and the guy was happy. I told him he needed an SB800 or above for what he was doing but he knew better and was happy to pay it! Trouble was the newer flash he had didn`t work on his older body so he was happy.

ABERS

Reinardina

krennon

Well HELLLLLOOOOO EVRYBODY, wow long time since I've been on here so sorry about that, it's been a busy few months settling in our 2 little ones, lots of visits from various professional parties etc so photography really really has taken a back step. So what made me feel good over the last few weeks not so much today, we sent our application to the court we're just waiting for a date so looking forward to being back soon, once court etc is done and dusted (that could take up to 3 months though) and they officially become ours  :tup:

At work we have a wonderful thing to post ideas on (think of a blog/forum type site) and I posted an idea in September last year, well lo & behold my idea was picked up, implemented and I was then put forward to win a prize of £250.00, £500.00 or £1000.00 vouchers of my choice (amazon, John Lewis, M&S or some holiday ones)...Well a gala evening at the Honourable Artillery Company near Finsbury Square in London where I was wining and dining with the most senior executives in the company and I won the gold prize of the £1000.00.

So as it is not coming out of the "household" budget Mrs Keith has agreed I can get a new camera with my prize  :dance: So I have decided I am going for the Olympus OM D EM10 twin lens kit mainly because as much as I love my Sony A350 dslr it's a hell of a lot of gear to lug around if we decide to take the girls out up to London or even to the park, so the Olympus it is (didn't like the feel of the Panasonics in my hand) So new camera coming my way once I get the vouchers which hopefully will be soon, hoping I can sneak in the F1.8 45mm lens as well, and my dad has some old OM fit lenses which he will give me (I can get an adaptor from SRB for about £12.00)...So hopefully I will be a little bit more of a frequent visitor again and can maybe even upload some shots straight from camera to here (if I can work out how to resize them in camera lol)..just need to wait for that court date and then hopefully I can restart my hobby because I sure have been missing it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

Keith what wonderful news! Especially about the Daughters.

And winning the gold medal at work, is not bad either. Congratulations on both.

Can't comment on the camera, as I know nothing about them. I just use them.

CC can do with your return, it's desperately short of regular contributors. So try out the new camera, and come back.

Hinfrance

Glad to hear that everything is going well Keith. Fingers crossed the court order won't be too long in coming.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.