• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 30
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Eggs - CHAT thread weekly comp - 08/04/2023 to 22/04/2023

Started by Jediboy, April 08, 2023, 09:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

This is the CHAT thread.

Eggs

It is Easter time and a time of the year that we gift eggs to people. And I love cooking with eggs. Anything egg related works this week. Wether it be chocolate, chicken, duck, dinosaur.........

Pictures to be taken by Sunday 16th April 2023, but if you are struggling this week one from your archive is fine.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59 Monday 17th April 2023.
Poll will be up Tuesday 18th April 2023.

Winner to be announced Saturday 22nd April 2023.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to;

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

I hope it eggs people on to put an entry in.  :dance:

Jediboy

Chris

Oldboy

No entry from me this week. Couldn't find any frogspawn or bird eggs at the valley last week.  :doh:

Jediboy

Only the one entry this week. What are people's thoughts on me extending this by one week? Maybe get some more entries.

Chris

jinky

Sorry I`ve not been on much of late due to other matters. Daft but since we effectively lost a competition through my daftness I look in less and miss the  deadlines. I daresay I could do an egg picture of some sort if it was extended- though the chocolate ones here are long gone! I just wonder if we`re flogging a dead horse as we seem to be down to 2/3 entries on a good week. I did fine it easier to keep up with when we had one week we were voting on  a comp and had a challenge for the next at the same time but the silence I got when offering to fit another in when I messed it up was ominous

anglefire

To be fair, most forums are struggling alot - mostly due to facebook I fear which is a shame since that is not any good in my opinion for this type of thing.

I wasn't about much as I was on my holibobs in Morocco (Great place - has to be one of my best holidays I've ever had)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Mick

Quote from: anglefire on April 19, 2023, 08:43:15 PMTo be fair, most forums are struggling alot

You're not wrong there.  I might be old fashioned, but I still like forums, albeit a little clunkier to use than Social media platforms, but I think conversations are much nicer to follow in separate topics etc.

Think this place has run its course to be honest, maybe I'll just use it as a testbed from now on..

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Oldboy

I quite agree with you Mick. I don't go on social media platforms at all. Too many viruses etc on them and most are rubbish conversations anyway.  :tup:

anglefire

Quote from: Mick on April 20, 2023, 07:49:14 AM
Quote from: anglefire on April 19, 2023, 08:43:15 PMTo be fair, most forums are struggling alot

You're not wrong there.  I might be old fashioned, but I still like forums, albeit a little clunkier to use than Social media platforms, but I think conversations are much nicer to follow in separate topics etc.

Think this place has run its course to be honest, maybe I'll just use it as a testbed from now on..

It would be a shame a I much prefer forums for this type of thing - I post on a US one and that is pretty active - but even there, most comments seem to be on the glamour section, though many areas are fairly active with posts.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jediboy

It is a difficult time for forums like this. No doubt. And sadly I understand where Mick is coming from. I'd be sad to see this go, I really would.
I am not a fan of social media either and this forum is great as it gets me out taking photos when maybe I wouldn't. I love my photography and this forum motivates me and has helped me no end.
And I enjoy the decent people here.

Chris

Oldboy

A bit late putting my entry in due to problems with the new version of photoshop. Hope it's OK.

jinky

Jediboy

Chris

Jediboy

Poll is up now. Apologies for the blue band across the top of the page, not sure how that got there.
Good luck!!

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.