• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 67
  • Total: 67
  • Google
  • Bingbot
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Quote from: ABERS on March 23, 2014, 11:03:36 AM
Had a holiday in the New Forest last week and managed to get out with the camera on three days. Just had a look at what I took. Out of 148 images I have 88 chocolate box pictures of various ponies, 30 pictures of chocolate box images of dilapidated barns, cottages etc. and an assortment of 'lone tree' pictures, plus one that has some promise.

Mrs B used to live in the New Forest - as much as it had going for it, she always says the same thing:

"no point living there cos you can't move for the bloody tourists taking pictures of barns, ponies and barns - and queueing up for ice cream and blocking the road. Or WORSE STILL - filling up the shops and tea rooms to enjoy a touch of the New Forest culture, and in the process draging all the horse (pony) sh*t in with them"  >:(

As you can tell, she can get quite opinionated by the end of a rant  :2funny:

Bank Holidays were extremely popular with her of course  ;)

Yep, Mrs B enjoyed living in the New Forest - now she lives in Suffolk where we have REAL HORSES and REAL HORSE SH*T :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
She really thought we had advanced enough to use tractors for ploughing! We don't have our own breed of work horse for nothing you know  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Andrew

As for my lack of presence - I'm busy doing my OU studies with an assignment due in tomorrow. Should be good on Tuesday
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

ABERS

Quote from: Andrew on March 23, 2014, 04:38:40 PM

Mrs B used to live in the New Forest - as much as it had going for it, she always says the same thing:

"no point living there cos you can't move for the bloody tourists taking pictures of barns, ponies and barns - and queueing up for ice cream and blocking the road. Or WORSE STILL - filling up the shops and tea rooms to enjoy a touch of the New Forest culture, and in the process draging all the horse (pony) sh*t in with them"  >:(

The natives seemed friendly enough. Let's put it this way no-one objected to taking ouir money. ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on March 23, 2014, 06:45:36 PM

The natives seemed friendly enough. Let's put it this way no-one objected to taking ouir money. ;)

There are natives? And you only photographed chocolate boxes and lone trees? No gnarled, weather beaten Verderers?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Andrew

Quote from: ABERS on March 23, 2014, 06:45:36 PM

And that's the truth of it - the locals often overlook the fact that the tourist dollar is what keeps most of their shops and tea rooms open.

Reinardina

The spell checker on CC is always very amusing.
Just now I used the words 'over-adorned people' in a post, and I was advised to change it to 'overturned people.'

ABERS

"no point living there cos you can't move for the bloody tourists taking pictures of barns, ponies and barns -

Here's one that should annoy her then Andrew 8)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on March 24, 2014, 08:52:42 PM
Just now I used the words 'over-adorned people' in a post, and I was advised to change it to 'overturned people.'

I know it does, lol..  You can add words to the dictionary yourself though, (I think)

Actually what browser do you use? doesn't it have a built in spell checker?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Quote from: Mick on March 25, 2014, 06:44:13 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 24, 2014, 08:52:42 PM

I know it does, lol..  You can add words to the dictionary yourself though, (I think)

Actually what browser do you use? doesn't it have a built in spell checker?

I use IE 10 (I think), and it does have a spell checker, but I still double check most posts with the CC spell checker.

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on March 23, 2014, 09:19:49 PM

There are natives? And you only photographed chocolate boxes and lone trees? No gnarled, weather beaten Verderers?

Stumbled across this whilst I was there, Gollum had just dodged behind a tree!  :o

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on March 29, 2014, 08:45:42 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 23, 2014, 09:19:49 PM

Stumbled across this whilst I was there, Gollum had just dodged behind a tree!  :o

That's more like it!

ABERS

The other day actually. Watching a day time quiz show where two contestants knew more about 'who married who', 'who won some singing contest', 'who was currrently shacked up with who' and other totally irrelevant and peurile facts, but didn't know what 'The Few' referred to in WW11.  ???

My wife had to tell me to moderate my language in case the neighbours were out in their garden! >:(

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on March 30, 2014, 09:10:45 AM
The other day actually. Watching a day time quiz show where two contestants knew more about 'who married who', 'who won some singing contest', 'who was currrently shacked up with who' and other totally irrelevant and peurile facts, but didn't know what 'The Few' referred to in WW11.  ???

My wife had to tell me to moderate my language in case the neighbours were out in their garden! >:(

That's typical of a lot of modern yoof, I think. Their whole world seems to consist of celebs, and facts are irrelevant if no celeb is involved.

When I got online just now, it opened on the MSN page with: "Instagrams; celebs eye view of the week." Or something very similar. With selfies of course.

I was going to say "Who cares," but apparently, it is very important we all should know these things.

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on March 30, 2014, 09:10:45 AM

That is shameful, really.  For them, not you :)

spinner

It's bemusing now but I can see it becoming an annoyance. Watching local Tampa area TV. I'm bemused by the preponderance of adverts for Lawyers. Particularly the ones who "specialize". If you breath air you could be entitled to "substantial " compensation.  :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.