• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

In my inbox this morning was a mail from OnOne offering me Perfect Effects 8 Premium for free. I did purchase a licence for Perfect Effects 7 some time ago, the basic version, but I was naturally suspicious.

So I thought, gift horse, mouth, why not? So I followed the links which all appear to be genuine, virus checked the download, and installed. It is much better than v7, and very Nik looking in certain ways. I'm sure it will be useful and I shall play with it properly in the fullness of time.

I'm still puzzled though, as to how it was that I received this offer. I wonder if the licence will turn out to be for limited time only, to be followed by a 'you really like this, now pay up' message. Still, in the meantime . . perhaps this should be in WMFGT instead? Answers on a postcard, please.  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 24, 2014, 10:37:16 AM
In my inbox this morning was a mail from OnOne offering me Perfect Effects 8 Premium for free. I did purchase a licence for Perfect Effects 7 some time ago, the basic version, but I was naturally suspicious.

So I thought, gift horse, mouth, why not? So I followed the links which all appear to be genuine, virus checked the download, and installed. It is much better than v7, and very Nik looking in certain ways. I'm sure it will be useful and I shall play with it properly in the fullness of time.

I'm still puzzled though, as to how it was that I received this offer. I wonder if the licence will turn out to be for limited time only, to be followed by a 'you really like this, now pay up' message. Still, in the meantime . . perhaps this should be in WMFGT instead? Answers on a postcard, please.  ;)

if you check the e-mail address for what it 'really is' as opposed to 'what you see' in your from field - that is the easiest way to check out authenticity.
A spoofed e-mail will actually show up another e-mail address if you check its details, return path etc...
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Hinfrance

Useful hint Andrew - for those who don't know in Thunderbird it is under 'other actions' 'view source'. It did say it was from OnOne ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I use both Hotmail and Gmail. Occasionally I like to read 'interesting looking' spam. In Hotmail, you can do that by clicking 'view message source,' and read it without actually opening it.

Is there something similar in Gmail? And if so, where do I find it?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Andrew

Local news reports a knife wielding woman had caused a bit if a fuss in a branch of House of Fraser.
Reports further say she was detained with the help of pepper spray

and i just wondered...

Was this pepper spray available in all good branches of House of Fraser?  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
And should we take any rumours of excessive use of pepper spray with a "pinch of salt?"  :D :D
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Oldboy

Quote from: Andrew on January 26, 2014, 03:57:36 PM
Local news reports a knife wielding woman had caused a bit if a fuss in a branch of House of Fraser.
Reports further say she was detained with the help of pepper spray

and i just wondered...

Was this pepper spray available in all good branches of House of Fraser?  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
And should we take any rumours of excessive use of pepper spray with a "pinch of salt?"  :D :D

The men in white coats are on their way!  ???

spikeyjen

sadly they don't wear white coats anymore, but they do come incognito with the same purpose  8)
Just don't answer the door!

ABERS

Clearing out a load of old images and came across this tucked away on my HD. My first and only attempt at Paparizzi'

I remember another photographer being somewhat forcibly ushered away by a couple of burly suits after getting quite close to Charley boy and protesting loudly saying "I've helped keep him all my life, surely he won't object to me getting his picture!"  :2funny:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on January 27, 2014, 12:26:55 PM
Clearing out a load of old images and came across this tucked away on my HD. My first and only attempt at Paparizzi'

I remember another photographer being somewhat forcibly ushered away by a couple of burly suits after getting quite close to Charley boy and protesting loudly saying "I've helped keep him all my life, surely he won't object to me getting his picture!"  :2funny:

If you can get that close to, what are now called 'celebs,' you should have stuck to it. You'd be filthy rich now!

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on January 27, 2014, 05:02:54 PM
Quote from: ABERS on January 27, 2014, 12:26:55 PM

If you can get that close to, what are now called 'celebs,' you should have stuck to it. You'd be filthy rich now!

Or have lots of broken cameras.  :doh:

Reinardina

Reinardina

Reinardina

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.