• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I trust you meant "that's where you're wrong ?  Pedant, moi?

Watch this space for catcam tomorrow morning :)

Obviously, I'll have to pretend to be the cat, so big ted will have to pretend to be me for the purposes of the demonstration.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 09, 2012, 04:32:04 PM
I trust you meant "that's where you're wrong ?  Pedant, moi?

I can not apologise enough you're absolutley correct of course....I hate it when folks do that.
                   Graham. :-[
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 09, 2012, 10:02:04 AM
Now that's where you're wrong - he wanted to be let in through the patio doors and was franticly looking all around the room for some sappy human to open the door.

Maybe it's because I was standing in front of the stone fireplace wearing a similar coloured top . .

Now you didn't say you where inside with the cat outside and glass in between? If you stand back from the window then cats have a job to see you. You can even move, which they notice, but if you stop again then they are not sure it's you. At least it works with all my cats.  ::)

irv_b

Remember Howard, while you sleep, he is awake! He may want to take his revenge one time! :2funny:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Quote from: irv_b on March 09, 2012, 09:11:27 PM
Remember Howard, while you sleep, he is awake! He may want to take his revenge one time! :2funny:
Oh thank you Irv. Iv'e been waiting for a chance to post this!

Make sure you have the sound on.
                Graham. :2funny:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

I've seen that clip before - very funny. The only thing that it missed is the cat licking its *rs* and then the rest of it's body before it approached the food machine for the first time.

Now here's the catcam view through the patio windows:

Our current cat is the first one I've ever shared space with, but if he is representative of his species he'll definitely be the last. Although it is sooo stupid it can sometimes be funny to watch for a few minutes. But alas the constant *rs* licking, laziness, stupidity, casual cruel violence towards his prey and loyalty that lasts as long as the cat food rather overbalance the scoresheet into the negatives.  :knuppel2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

What you want then, is one of these. :)

Oh, and happy birthday/anniversary to whoever. :)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Very thorough examination of the catcam shot there Graham.

The celebration is Mrs H's birthday. Champagne and home made Thai curry tonight - nom nom to the max  :tup:

Puppies are a bit chewy sometimes, it's true. Our last one used to bury ornaments in pillows - what a mess. But he always looked very pleased with himself when he'd done.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 10, 2012, 01:49:26 PM
Puppies are a bit chewy sometimes, it's true.

Shouldn't overcook any meat!  :2funny:

spinner

Quote from: Graham on March 10, 2012, 12:18:52 AM
Quote from: irv_b on March 09, 2012, 09:11:27 PM
Oh thank you Irv. Iv'e been waiting for a chance to post this!

<iframe width=\"420\" height=\"315\" src=\"http://www.youtube.com/embed/w0ffwDYo00Q\" frameborder=\"0\" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Make sure you have the sound on.
                Graham. :2funny:

Except for the bat, I lived that just last night.  :D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Weather forecast: overcast with a possibility of light showers.
Reality: sunny followed by thunderstorms and torrential rain.

Got to love the meteorologists' grasp on the climate.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Old habits die hard. When I was gainfully employed, before retirement, weekends off were somewhat few and far between and treasured, in as much as I didn't spend them in bed, but to make them last as long as possible, I used to get up at some unearthly hour. That seems to happen still today!

All this preamble leads me to what this post is all about. With my nice early cuppa I wandered over to the old DCM site, now PRadar, and read a few of the threads on there, one of which is entitled, "Is the Forum on a Downturn?". In amongst the posts is the old chestnut about the lack of comments on pictures.

Why do people yearn for comments on their work, I can understand if they have specifically asked for them or they need a bit of advice. But why this incessant need for their pictures to be commented on? When they are it's usually a two or three word comment comprising something like " Nice shot", "Good Composition", "Well seen", etc. And I have a sneaking suspicion that they are only made by people fishing for a quid pro quo comment on their work.

That's one thing about CC that I like, it's all pretty laid back, people put up their work, people look at it if they feel so inclined they might make a comment, but I don't get the feeling that anybody's miffed if they don't!

If you really need comments the ideal place to go is Flickr, join as many groups as you can, comment on every picture you see in those groups, and the comments on your pictures will come flooding back. They won't actually mean a thing but you'll have lots of them! ;)

Are you a "Comment Junky"?

P.S. I hope Pradar is not on a downturn, it seems to give a lot of pleasure to a lot of people. :tup:

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on March 18, 2012, 08:43:48 AM

That's one thing about CC that I like, it's all pretty laid back, people put up their work, people look at it if they feel so inclined they might make a comment, but I don't get the feeling that anybody's miffed if they don't!

That was the general idea.  I added the facility for people to add comment if they so wish, but nobody is pressured into using it.

I often wonder why people post their images on the internet.  Do they post essentially to get feedback, do they post because they've taken a image their proud of and just want to share it with others.  I would guess it would be the latter on most occasions.   

Bottom line, if you're happy with the image you've taken then that's all that matters, and if not happy with it, then it probably won't make it to the upload stage.

This brings me to:  Why do you take photographs (not you personally Alan lol. )  but anyone?

Edit:  Sorry Alan, I just had to go post on that thread you mentioned  :legit:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

ABERS

Quote from: admin on March 18, 2012, 09:25:41 AM

Bottom line, if you're happy with the image you've taken then that's all that matters, and if not happy with it, then it probably won't make it to the upload stage.

Spot on! :tup:

skellum

Quote from: ABERS on March 18, 2012, 08:43:48 AM
Old habits die hard. When I was gainfully employed, before retirement, weekends off were somewhat few and far between and treasured, in as much as I didn't spend them in bed, but to make them last as long as possible, I used to get up at some unearthly hour. That seems to happen still today!

All this preamble leads me to what this post is all about. With my nice early cuppa I wandered over to the old DCM site, now PRadar, and read a few of the threads on there, one of which is entitled, "Is the Forum on a Downturn?". In amongst the posts is the old chestnut about the lack of comments on pictures.

Why do people yearn for comments on their work, I can understand if they have specifically asked for them or they need a bit of advice. But why this incessant need for their pictures to be commented on? When they are it's usually a two or three word comment comprising something like " Nice shot", "Good Composition", "Well seen", etc. And I have a sneaking suspicion that they are only made by people fishing for a quid pro quo comment on their work.

If you really need comments the ideal place to go is Flickr, join as many groups as you can, comment on every picture you see in those groups, and the comments on your pictures will come flooding back. They won't actually mean a thing but you'll have lots of them! ;)

Are you a "Comment Junky"?

P.S. I hope Pradar is not on a downturn, it seems to give a lot of pleasure to a lot of people. :tup:

I upload pictures to the gallery to hopefully get some feedback good or bad plus others will learn from the comments and suggestions hopefully. If I were just after nice comments I could just show them to my Mum. No need to go to Flickr for that.

I thought the point of the front page was for our pictures. I was led to believe that was what Camera Craniums was about ' Photography'. The same thing applies to the weekly competition. When a theme is set it can get the photographer thinking technically about something they may never had tried before.  >:(    So is Camera Craniums about photography or just another chat forum ?  :(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.