• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soodge

Thanks Graham - I'm not actually new to the site. It's just been a very long time since I've posted!! I was something of a regular on the old DCM forum but work etc. yada yada yada!
Great photography is about depth of feeling.......not depth of field! [Peter Adams]

www.sjlphotography.co.uk - it's a work in progress!

Mick

Quote from: Soodge on February 23, 2012, 11:15:40 AM
Signatures of certain members of this forum!! (you know who you are!!!!)

:P

dunno what you mean.  :D
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

ABERS

I'm just wondering what the Surrey Constabulary will comprise when it's put out to private tender?

Will it be manned by all those 'security' people that have been around clamping cars, patrolling shopping centres or those promoted from the rank of Traffic Warden. I wonder what level of competence and commitment will be required of the operatives, will they need to understand that they serve the public not aggravate them, will they be required to have more than a couple of brain cells? For you can be sure the companies that employ them will be looking to pay as little as possible, it could be an answer to the illegal immigrant problem. Employ them and then the police will know where they all are. :legit:

Buy shares in the companies that will be tendering for the contracts, apparently they could be worth up to £3.5 billion over seven years, I'm sure there will be many MP's already on the phone to their brokers. 8)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on March 03, 2012, 10:59:37 PM
I'm just wondering what the Surrey Constabulary will comprise when it's put out to private tender?

Will it be manned by all those 'security' people that have been around clamping cars, patrolling shopping centres or those promoted from the rank of Traffic Warden. I wonder what level of competence and commitment will be required of the operatives, will they need to understand that they serve the public not aggravate them, will they be required to have more than a couple of brain cells? For you can be sure the companies that employ them will be looking to pay as little as possible, it could be an answer to the illegal immigrant problem. Employ them and then the police will know where they all are. :legit:

Buy shares in the companies that will be tendering for the contracts, apparently they could be worth up to £3.5 billion over seven years, I'm sure there will be many MP's already on the phone to their brokers. 8)

Almost Laughable, if it wasn't such a sad way for the country to go! - More jokers in the deck :o
I am so glad I left good old Blighty when I did.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

I think you underestimate the politicos Alan, they will already own the tendering companies and be pretty sure who will be getting the contracts.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

The Darwin Awards announcement and this was number four.  :P

After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on March 07, 2012, 04:18:02 PM
The Darwin Awards announcement and this was number four.  :P

After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

It's like 1997 all over again.......

http://www.snopes.com/medical/asylum/crazybus.asp
It's Guest's round

Alfonso_Frisk

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

I discovered this morning that cats, well our cat at least, cannot see me if I stand still. Result.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 09, 2012, 07:08:23 AM
I discovered this morning that cats, well our cat at least, cannot see me if I stand still. Result.

It's not so much that it can't see you, more a case of ignoring you.  :-[

Hinfrance

Now that's where you're wrong - he wanted to be let in through the patio doors and was franticly looking all around the room for some sappy human to open the door.

Maybe it's because I was standing in front of the stone fireplace wearing a similar coloured top . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 09, 2012, 10:02:04 AM
Now that's where you're wrong - he wanted to be let in through the patio doors and was franticly looking all around the room for some sappy human to open the door.

Maybe it's because I was standing in front of the stone fireplace wearing a similar coloured top . .
Ah no, that's where your wrong. If it was a sunny day and you have glass patio doors, he would only be able to see his own reflection, the swimming pool and the vinyard beyond.
                          Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.