• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 69
  • Google
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: Graham on January 21, 2012, 10:59:21 PM
Quote from: irv_b on January 21, 2012, 01:59:21 PM
WBMT
Well yesterday
I dropped my work phone in some Yorkshire pudding batter!  :-[
Yes it was an accident! I was trying to do two things at once and talk on the phone while working on a machine in an commercial kitchen when it slipped from being cradled between my shoulder and head and with all the metres and metres of stainless steel worktop to fall on, it goes straight into the batter mix. I fished it out and it worked for an hour or so after I cleaned it up but has given up the ghost since - I wont get too much stick when I report that one on Monday :-[

Is it completely "fritterd"?..... :2funny:

What a half baked answer! :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: spinner on January 22, 2012, 12:18:39 AM
WBMT
Well yesterday
Yes it was an accident! I was trying to do two things at once and talk on the phone while working on a machine in an commercial kitchen when it slipped from being cradled between my shoulder and head and with all the metres and metres of stainless steel worktop to fall on, it goes straight into the batter mix. I fished it out and it worked for an hour or so after I cleaned it up but has given up the ghost since - I wont get too much stick when I report that one on Monday :-[

What a half baked answer! :o

Mr Spinner. Over here in the UK it's twenty past midnight, Iv'e just got back from a 9 hour shift photographing local bands, I'm in the proccess of uploading, tagging and backing up the pics, whilst polishing of the very best part of a rather exelent bottle of shiraz. Under the circumstaces i feel my comment was the hight of hillarity!
                  I really must go to bed!
                               Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

WBMT
Well yesterday

:2funny: :2funny:

picsfor

WBMT?

Finally gets to visit the local camera club for the first time.
Walks in the door and all over the notice board is stuff about some guy called Alan Abercombie going to do a presentation at the Clacton camera club.

Do i see him on the 9th as well as the 4th?

Graham

Quote from: picsfor on January 24, 2012, 04:48:36 PM
WBMT?

Walks in the door and all over the notice board is stuff about some guy called Alan Abercombie going to do a presentation at the Clacton camera club.

Do the first one to listen, and the second to heckle!
                  Graham. :2funny:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on January 24, 2012, 04:51:38 PM
Quote from: picsfor on January 24, 2012, 04:48:36 PM
WBMT?

Do the first one to listen, and the second to heckle!
                  Graham. :2funny:

My mate Vinny and his two assistants will be on hand to ensure that decorum is maintained and any potential heart attack victims are 'dealt' with!  8)

One of Vinny's assistants in the advert, the dark haired one, has many strings to his bow. Between appearing on TV and the silver screen, he found time to plaster the ceiling of the kitchen extension my daughter had done recently! My son-in-law didn't haggle too much about the price. :o

Beryl

What has bemused me today was:  an E-mail from talk Talk saying I have changed my bank details and woul I update them

Ha ha. I sent a copy of this e-mail to Talk Talk through  My own customer  suport which is actualy  tiscali

now lets see what happens.
Now way would I send  any of my bank details in an e-mail

I had one from Amazon almost identical and sent it to them ,They confirmed it wasn't from them and thanked me for sendi it on and letting them know as they could find out who was sendin them
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

greypoint

Quote from: Beryl on February 02, 2012, 04:15:53 PM
What has bemused me today was:  an E-mail from talk Talk saying I have changed my bank details and woul I update them

Ha ha. I sent a copy of this e-mail to Talk Talk through  My own customer  suport which is actualy  tiscali

now lets see what happens.
Now way would I send  any of my bank details in an e-mail

I had one from Amazon almost identical and sent it to them ,They confirmed it wasn't from them and thanked me for sendi it on and letting them know as they could find out who was sendin them

..but this could lead to a beautiful friendship with a man from Nigeria!! :2funny: :2funny:

Beryl

Ha ha . Yes ;D

I can't think that it's genuin. I loogged in and then there was a complete account update form wanting my bank number and card number ....................No way. My bank details have not changed at at all

My Web site

spinner

Quote from: Beryl on February 02, 2012, 08:12:25 PM
Ha ha . Yes ;D

I can't think that it's genuin. I loogged in and then there was a complete account update form wanting my bank number and card number ....................No way. My bank details have not changed at at all

That is funny, I got one today from your British Telecomm asking me to update my account details. I flagged it to Hotmail as a Phishing scam.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

I usually fill them in, using a proxy server and the name Bjorn Yesterday . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beryl

I sent mine  to my sin as and attachment...........He's a ploiceman  8)

My Web site

ABERS

I visited Tate Britain on Thursday (the coffee is no longer free! :-[) and took a few pictures of an installation that took my eye.

Just been working on the pictures and realised I had forgotten the name of the artist that created it. So I rang up the information office of the gallery and explained what I wanted, since I couldn't see the artist's name on the Tate web site. "Hang on a minute mate" said the voice on the other end, "I'll see what I can find out". A couple of minutes passed so I coughed loudly as you do to let them know I was still hanging on, and he came back and said " I'm having to Google it as nobody here seems to know who it is that did it"!!!  :o :knuppel2:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on February 04, 2012, 02:38:14 PM
I visited Tate Britain on Thursday (the coffee is no longer free! :-[) and took a few pictures of an installation that took my eye.

Just been working on the pictures and realised I had forgotten the name of the artist that created it. So I rang up the information office of the gallery and explained what I wanted, since I couldn't see the artist's name on the Tate web site. "Hang on a minute mate" said the voice on the other end, "I'll see what I can find out". A couple of minutes passed so I coughed loudly as you do to let them know I was still hanging on, and he came back and said " I'm having to Google it as nobody here seems to know who it is that did it"!!!  :o :knuppel2:

Are you sure this "Instillation" was'nt just...you know... a fire extinguisher or somthing?
                 Graham. ???

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on February 04, 2012, 03:07:09 PM
Quote from: ABERS on February 04, 2012, 02:38:14 PM

Are you sure this "Instillation" was'nt just...you know... a fire extinguisher or somthing?
                 Graham. ???

It was a stair well over three floors painted in blocks of colour

There was one installation much more boring than a fire extinguisher, a 2 metre square picture by someone called Parr! :uglystupid2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.