• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65
  • Google
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones615

Quote from: Tringle WP on February 19, 2011, 01:22:08 PM
Luckily the ECU/MAF is repairable (not by Mercedes I hasten to add, who will only sell you a new one)

Be very wary of cheap airflow meters, replaced mine recently and was given 2 options £50 or £100. The guy in the shop told me to buy the cheap one only if i was selling in the next fortnight! I read up on the net and he was being honest. The car (diesel) was extremely slow & sluggish, pulled the plug off the MAF and it came back to life proving this was the problem, It was sluggish all the time though not intermittent.

Hinfrance

Ah the joy of Mercedes - you can't just change the MAF on mine, you have to change the ECU with it, as it is built in and inaccessible without it being fully dismantled. I'm not buying a MAF, but having the original unit rebuilt.

The same warning you have given applies to oxygen sensors too ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

The Met office confirmed that February was the second dullest on record.  :'(

ABERS

...and the forecast for the next 5 days in this neck of the woods shows no glimmer of sun either! What's going on? Yet we have bluebells flowering in the garden!
I think it's the coalition that's to blame! ???

krennon

And we've got daffs round where we are...sure the forecast this morning though said there would be a chance of sun showing through later....at least for the South of London/Surrey/Hants...shall wait and see though, will only take a slight wind change and we won't get anything at all.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

Thanks for Oldboy, wonderful.
In those days it would seem to be that the business to be in was Hats, nobody in the whole sequence was without a hat that I could spot!

krennon

It was superb, love the way everything just mingled together and although there were a couple of close calls nobody got hit..amazingly....
Is that what it was really like back then OB & Abers?... ;D :legit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

spinner

It's cloudy, with sunny breaks and very windy here. It's on the freeze mark and forecast to get colder throughout the day with a drop to -8 by afternoon. I can't expect to seen flowers for another 2 months.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Quote from: krennon on March 02, 2011, 12:44:22 PM
It was superb, love the way everything just mingled together and although there were a couple of close calls nobody got hit..amazingly....
Is that what it was really like back then OB & Abers?... ;D :legit:

Pretty much so, although if I remember correctly there were a good few penny-fathings on the street! I always got the little wheel at the back caught in the tram tracks. No bikes of any description in this film. :tup:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on March 02, 2011, 02:54:16 PM
No bikes of any description in this film. :tup:

Apart from the one 17 seconds in, overtaking the tram, no lights, no helmet!
          I think it's safe to say Alan, with observation like that, you would'nt last 5 seconds on a bike on todays roads! :knuppel2:
          Lovely bit of film, organised chaos and no road rage.
                       Graham. :tup:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on March 02, 2011, 05:07:44 PM

I think it's safe to say Alan, with observation like that, you would'nt last 5 seconds on a bike on todays roads! :knuppel2:

Quite right Graham, I hung up my clips ages ago, and I couldn't wear a bunch of bananas on my head for love nor money! ::)

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on March 02, 2011, 06:17:39 PM
Quote from: Graham on March 02, 2011, 05:07:44 PM

Quite right Graham, I hung up my clips ages ago, and I couldn't wear a bunch of bananas on my head for love nor money! ::)

I know what you mean about the helmet thing.
          Iv'e been cycling to work for 15 years now and never had an accident (Seen hundreds ;D). A couple of weeks ago I got the feeling that my luck could'nt hold out much longer and I now wear a helmet.
          It's a bit like when we were told we had to wear seat belts by law. I would'nt think of riding without a helmet now, just as I would'nt drive without a seat belt.
                                   Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Graham

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.