• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 10
  • Total: 10
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

I`ll just have to be patient. They have a cover all  - "pilot makes ultimate decision" and will no doubt come up with technical reasons why they could not fly. Just annoying to see another balloon and 2 parachutes up there as we drove home. I`d only driven 30 minues up the road but some had come over from Liverpool and Manchester with whole family in tow. I have to have 8 flights cancelled on me that I have tried to book within a year before I get 75% of the money back according to terms. I want to do it so will be patient but just cannot see us getting a more wind free  night there and am reluctant to travel further afield given this experience.

Hinfrance

What a shambles - I hope next flight gets off the ground for you.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jonathan

Wow.  With those kinds of getouts I'm surprised they even bother buying a balloon.

"Nah you've tried 8 times to book a flight but we still don't have a balloon so we only get 25% of your money...."

FWIW I must have seen a dozen balloons in the sky yesterday on a trip to Sussex.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on September 02, 2010, 07:11:50 AM
I`ll just have to be patient. They have a cover all  - "pilot makes ultimate decision" and will no doubt come up with technical reasons why they could not fly. Just annoying to see another balloon and 2 parachutes up there as we drove home. I`d only driven 30 minues up the road but some had come over from Liverpool and Manchester with whole family in tow. I have to have 8 flights cancelled on me that I have tried to book within a year before I get 75% of the money back according to terms. I want to do it so will be patient but just cannot see us getting a more wind free  night there and am reluctant to travel further afield given this experience.

I think those terms and conditions are unfair, and a court would consider it so as well. Speak to your local trading standards or CAB.  :tup:

picsfor

Sarah Kennedy is leaving Radio 2. I was reading the article when i came upon this section...

"In 2007, meanwhile, Radio 2 apologised after she said had almost run over a black pedestrian because she could not see him in the dark."

Honestly - i've not made it up! If you find it hard to believe, check it out... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11178849

Hinfrance

That's nothing. When my best mate was working as a traffic cop there was a lorry driver, at night,  who ran over a woman in an orange top and white skirt, and he didn't stop because he thought he'd hit a traffic cone.

They only closed the road for 18 hours . . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

I'm not surprised Sarah is going - she has not been happy since the WonderKind Chris Evans took the slot from 7am.

And she is ill a lot.

I like her I must admit, but then the standin whilst she is off at the moment is good too.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

Hinfrance

THIS

Hardly worth laying out the cash for anything any more - especially if music and films follow down this invidious path.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Tringle WP on September 14, 2010, 10:19:17 AM
THIS

Hardly worth laying out the cash for anything any more - especially if music and films follow down this invidious path.

If you read the terms of software licenses, it states that you only have the right to use it, but you don't own it.  ;D

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on September 14, 2010, 11:10:50 AM
Quote from: Tringle WP on September 14, 2010, 10:19:17 AM
THIS

If you read the terms of software licenses, it states that you only have the right to use it, but you don't own it.  ;D

And, excluding the Chinese & Russians, they wonder why there's so much software piracy.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

As I've posted before, I've retired. My wife and some others are of the belief that I'd be having second thoughts and generally feeling anxious about it. I'm not, couldn't give rat's a** about the old job. However, I've just learned that my Jeep is shot, the frame is rotten, and I have to scrap her. I'm broken hearted, I loved that little truck.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

CML-1591

urgh should probably sleep at this time...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

ABERS

Why, when the Pope is speaking on TV and I close my eyes, can I see Herr Flick from 'Allo 'Allo? :-\

ABERS

Looking at a photostream on Flickr and discovered the photographer had listed over 12,000+ other people as contacts ???

Can you imagine looking through your  contacts' recent uploads ::).

Looking at his profile to see what sort of person would want that many contacts it was an amazing mixture of bull and self promotion that I think I've ever read, well nearly! ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.