• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Cornwall Meet 14th/15th/16th May

Started by picsfor, February 02, 2010, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eileen

Back home having a cup of tea and starting to review pics.

The highlights of the weekend for me were: good company (great to meet you Carol  :)), dawn at St. Michael's Mount, a sunny day at Heligan, travelling along flower-filled country lanes, and watching the sun set over the Cornish coast.

I hope we'll all have a few pictures to post - I'm especially looking forward to the Monkey series. 8)

Thank you very much for making all this happen Andrew, and thank you for an excellent chauffering service Irv.  :beer: :beer:

I hope we manage a trip to you sometime soon Carol.

Just Dave

Quote from: Eileen on May 16, 2010, 07:14:10 PM
I'm especially looking forward to the Monkey series. 8)

Hi Eileen

Pleased to hear you had a great time, look forward to seeing your images

I did a series of Monkeh's Arthur and Martha's Adventures in Santorini Clicky Linky Enjoy   :)

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

picsfor

Hi All,

well got home a short while ago but have of course been sucking up to the missus in lieu of booking myself on a weekend away on a photography trip during her birthday  ::)
The Fridge Magnet from Heligan Gardens has worked wonders  :tup:

It was great to see every one again and really great to meet up with Carol (Sarasocke) and her husband Herb, and i'm really sorry we didn't get that group picture but we will when we trip over to Hamburg  :legit:  :2funny:
A return trip has been mooted and will be looked at for maybe next year. I will start to canvas for that trip around January - by which time the volcano should have stopped!

I am now plugging the card in to review the images and hopefully find an acceptable one amongst them, and i have learned that arranging a weekend away is a whole lot more different and maybe even difficult than arranging a day out - but i like to think i learn from my mistakes and the next weekend or week away will be much more successfully organised.

It was no trouble you leaving as you did Sandy. A lift to your front door was always be a hard act to compete with. Redhill on a Sunday just doesn't quite cut the mustard by comparison.

For the record, i managed to add 874 miles to the odometer for a return of 276 pictures of dubious quality but having gained loads of experience and enjoying a great time with some great people and seeing parts of Cornwall i hadn't previously seen.

Now to review those dubious pictures.

Oh and Just Dave - you really need to drop Martin (Minkey Monkey) a line - you are both people of questionable sanity  :2funny:

minky_monkey

Excellent weekend, bloody knackered!

Great to meet everyone again, it was definitely a learning curve.

Can`t say we didn`t make the most of it!

;)

Just Dave

Pleased you all had a fab time look forward to seeing more image,

Quote from: picsfor on May 16, 2010, 08:16:30 PM
Oh and Just Dave - you really need to drop Martin (Minkey Monkey) a line - you are both people of questionable sanity  :2funny:

;D

Lovely images

Like the Monkey pics what he/she called Martin

Check out my Arthur and Martha's Adventure In Santorini Thread Clicky

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Oldboy

Love that third shot of the sunset. it's a cracker.  :tup:

Glad you all had a great time and nice weather to boot.  ;D

irv_b

Great shots there Martin
Well what a good w/end was had by all it was tiring and long but well worth it :tup:
I will post some pics later
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Sarasocke

I revisited Bedruthan today. I dropped off Herbert and Polly who then walked back to here.  (Polly's the larger of our two dogs, the walk was about 2 1/2 hours). The sea was really rough, big waves crashing against the rocks. Really spectacular. I didn't have my cam with me though, as I thought it would be too misty  ::)

Tomorrow is our last day, which we will be spending up on Bodmin Moor. When we get back my time on the net will have run out, so it's a bit of a  break from me now. Will probably be online again on Monday.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

Shame you didn't have your camera - suspect the pics would have been great.

Hope you and Herb have had a great time - i think i can safely say that we all enjoyed meeting you and had a great day out with you.
There is definitely talk of having another weekend trip away - maybe a slightly longer one - come back Monday maybe so we have a couple of full days of photography.

I suppose you wouldn't be able to afford a meet up in Switzerland would you Carol?  ::)

We will definitely try and sort some thing out closer to you. Maybe get some other European members to join in.

Sandy

I hope you enjoyed the last day of your holiday it was great meeting up together.

Sandy

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.