• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 281
  • Total: 281
  • Google
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Home Town

Started by skellum, January 14, 2012, 08:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Following on from Micks ' Any new ideas ' I came up with this idea which should get you out and about taking a few shots as apposed to just looking for one for the comp.

Your home Town / Village :  Post a few shots here with a description of the area and perhaps a bit of local history. And maybe why you love or hate the place.

picsfor

You must've read my mind - that is you must have worked out what i was gonna post next!

That said, any posting will be subject to internet access as my wonderful new router (supplied by Virgin) has finally done the decent thing and gone completely awry whilst Tech Support were watching.

Question is, which of the locations do i present, and which ones will Mick present - unless he's gonna do the Secret Nuclear Bunker  :D

Markulous

I used to live here:

....... where I took shots like this:

But now I live here:

....... and take shots like this:

....... and this:

But shortly I'll be moving here:

........ where I take shots like this:

........ this:

........ and this:

Sigma SD10, Zenitar 16mm M42 Fisheye
Canon G11
Canon 7D, Canon 70-200, Sigma 105, Sigma 150-500, Canon 15-85
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Reinardina

My goodness, you do move around!
And all that to be able to take different shots?
You've found your spot now, by the look of it, when you have beautiful women inhabiting the dunes!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Markulous

Quote from: Reinardina on January 15, 2012, 07:57:03 AM
My goodness, you do move around!
And all that to be able to take different shots?

LOL! Not to take shots but circumstances - and we're talking a period of a quite few years (prior to that, a few more places!)

Quote from: Reinardina on January 15, 2012, 07:57:03 AM
You've found your spot now, by the look of it, when you have beautiful women inhabiting the dunes!

Thanks! Eldest's studying Fashion at Uni (that is of her in her creation) so get roped into doing the shots of/for her (don't really do people/portrait/studio). Here's another of her outfits with our usual model, youngest (who reluctantly agrees to be photographed though as you can see takes it in good spirit - we used railway sidings and old carriages for this shoot)

Canon 7D, 70-200
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Graham

Some fine pics there Mark.
  That place you'll shortly be moving to...looks like it could do with a bit of damp proofing!
                 Graham. ;D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

skellum

Yes nice pictures but I was hoping for more descriptive shots of the area and a bit of history. That Lighthouse looks like the one at New Brighton.

Eileen

Great idea for a subject. I just need to decide which ones to share, and what to say...  :-\ Looking forward to seeing what we all come up with.

Delamanda

What a great idea!  It's a good excuse not to stray too far - it will also prompt me to do a bit of historical research.  I'm ashamed to say I know nothing about the local area :-[

Reinardina

Not being able to drive since I lost my sight, I have relied on public transport or my legs. Most of my shots are therefore taken in Southampton or Winchester. Soton is boring, but has some interesting old parts left. Winchester is a gem.
I'll have to find some suitable pictures and get to grips with the background.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

greypoint

This is about the most interesting place in our town..... ::)

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on January 15, 2012, 07:21:40 PM
This is about the most interesting place in our town..... ::)

All dying to get in then?  :2funny:

skellum

Anyone any Home Town pictures & History yet ?    Below is one I took in Preston a few days ago. I will add a few more over the weekend hopefully with a bit of information and History to go along with them.

Carlj

Living in Stoke, a sense of humour is a must...

One city festival

Curious mix of old and new, very haphazard town planning here...

Being north of Watford, our teens are prematurely aging...

And everyone's in a rush to leave the city...

SimonW

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.