• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 177
  • Total: 177
  • Google
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat - Slap bang in the middle - 10th to 16th Dec.

Started by Reinardina, December 09, 2012, 11:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Chat Thread "Slap bang in the middle."

Manuals and 'rules,' always tell you not to place your subject in the centre of your photograph, but, providing the rest is kept relatively clear, it can make for a strong image. (I read somewhere.)
Apart from the 'product like' shot, it is something I have never consciously tried, and I'm not sure I'll be any good at it. I secretly hope that I'll learn from your entries!

No restrictions on editing.

I have a hospital appointment on the 18th, that will last all morning, so the poll won't be up till somewhere in the afternoon.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 10th December 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 16th December 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 17th December 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 18th December 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 22nd December 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

SimonW

Nice one. With slightly better accuracy - if I can hit the bullseye - I could re-shoot my entry for this week.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Quote from: SimonW on December 09, 2012, 12:11:20 PM
Nice one. With slightly better accuracy - if I can hit the bullseye - I could re-shoot my entry for this week.

Any excuse to go to the pub!

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on December 09, 2012, 01:47:41 PM
Interesting and challenging   :tup:

I hope so. I'm not quite sure how to go about it though, or what to take. I hope inspiration will come from somewhere, as it normally does.

michaelb104

Putting this in just in case I do not find anything better.........

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Reinardina

I'm having problems trying to think of something. Haven't been out much with the camera this week, so inspiration did not block my path either.

Delamanda

Well done on the win R!  I seem to be getting more and more last minute each week, so thought I'd try and get one in a bit earlier this week.

Reinardina

Thanks Del.
I really wanted to do something outside; something smallish in the middle of something not too spectacular. To make it really stand out. Alas most of the best day of the week, I spent in hospital (nothing serious, just a lot of waiting, a bit of treatment, and quite tiring. To be repeated coming Tuesday) and now I've got time, it's wet, wet, wet and windy!
But, I have done some indoor 'centre' things and this is one of them. If I find what I was after later in the week, I may change my entry.

Socks.

Hinfrance

A music related one for this week:

Our piano is the oldest thing we possess, I think, dating from the 1930's, and showing its age rather.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Found an old gem that was slap bang in the middle.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Changed my entry to something more 'slap bang in the middle.'

Heart in the Right Place!

jinky

Nothing very adventurous from me this week - been a busy few days.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.