• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65
  • Bingbot
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

THE END OF AN ERA!

Started by ABERS, September 03, 2009, 08:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

I've just noticed on the front page Wayne D has joined us here.  :tup:

Hinfrance

I saw that too - was waiting for the who's who to show up. Bienvenue Wayne.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

To be successful a forum needs a certain number of members who are there most of the time to keep things ticking over and to try and start discussions, a further set of members who visit on a fairly regular basis and join in and a host of others who perhaps only visit a couple of times a month but add to the debate when they do. Hopefully, because the forum has a look of being used it encourages new members to think they might get queries answered and join in. As long as the existing members are welcoming and helpful the forum grows. Unfortunately Future and the PR team have been stuck with a site that still has loads of glitches and user issues and have continued with the theme of 'we know best'. Ultimately users vote with their feet - or whatever the internet equivalent is! Don't know about the rest of the site but the forum is messy, has too many categories and a slight air of rolling tumbleweed. Even some of the initially enthusiastic new members and those who were telling us if we did'nt like it to $%&"! off seem to have departed. I keep having a look just in case there's a query I might be able to help with or something interesting, but it's all a bit nothing. Wonder if the traffic will initiate enough advertising to keep paying the Team?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.