• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 170
  • Total: 170
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

4th March 2012 London Meet

Started by picsfor, January 10, 2012, 03:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

OK all,

Carol (Sarasocke to some), is over in the UK for the weekend of 3rd & 4th March 2012. So, it seems like a good excuse for a meet.
Carol would like to see some sights of London - so this is a proposal for a meet around London.
With it being a Sunday, the South Bank will be active, as will Speakers Corner - whilst the financial district will be quiet.
And that's just for starters.

I haven't nailed the exact time and place for meeting yet, but feedback is certainly welcome to all possible attendees.

Sarasocke

Thanks for posting Andrew!

I'll be flying over already on the 3rd and will be staying for two nights most probably - if anyone knows of a cheap and cheerful B+B I'd be most grateful.
So from my side of things we'd have the whole of Sunday to play with :)

I don't know one end of London from the other, so I'll leave the venue suggestions to those in the know.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Delamanda

Count me in!  I'm happy with Southbank or Speaker's Corner or the financial district (which is good for Petticoat Lane, Spitalfields and Brick Lane) or anywhere really!

Sarasocke

I'm just reading a who-dunnit set in Brick Lane - I didn't realise it actually existed  ::)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

Brick Lane - i'd like to say it is the origin of the phrase 'bricking it' when indicating fear, but that would just be wishful thinking.

TBH, it is possible you could fit all three areas in, according to how long you're prepared to be out for.
You could meet at London Bridge Station
Walk along South Bank to Westminster and catch tube up to Hyde Park.
spend a few hours heckling the speakers - or even taking some photos (and if Aber's joins in be amazed at how close up he gets to his subjects)
then catch a tube over to Liverpool St or the Monument for the Financial District just as the light is getting low.

In between you can fit in some lunch and a good excuse to rest your feet  :tup: :beer: :)

irv_b

Sounds like a plan :tup: (although you know of my dislike of the tube). Hopefully Keith (Krennon) will want to come along too.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

picsfor

good point, don't think i have his personal e-mail address - can you advise him please Irv.

As for using the Tube, i envisage only 2 trips on the tube at most - and that's using that suggested plan. Who knows how the day will pan out - you know how these things work  ;)

Eileen

Sounds like fun - count me in!  :tup: Thanks for arranging this Andrew. Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Sandy

Its a shame but I think thats the day I'm going to Focus with some members of my camera club. Will let you know later if I can make the day.

Sandy

Oldboy

Yes, Focus-On-Imaging is on Sunday 4th March until Wednesday 7th March 2012.  :tup:

minky_monkey

Sarasocke

Glad to see you're still around Martin  ;)

Looks like we should be able to get a good group together. I'm really looking forward to it!
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

picsfor

ooh, Focus is that week? Excellent - i know where i'll be on the Wednesday then  :tup: Nice D4 out the window for £3k or a 1DX out the door for £4k.

Tell you what, if i could get either for those prices i'd get them - heck could make a profit just on eBay  :dance:

krennon

Gutted I can't make it guys sorry I really wish I could, but I've booked the thur/fri before that weekend off work as Georgia and I are planning to go away, possibly down wiltshire/hants borders or somewhere in that general direction we were thinking maybe Salisbury as we've never been there.....but if that changes I shall let you know obviously and I hope the weather holds out for you all and you get some great shots in the bag....

Brick Lane still the best place in London for a proper Jewish fresh baked bagel with cream cheese and cucumber delicious although I think there's only two Bagel Shops left now used to be loads there....(going back some 25 years now or so though)

Have a great time and Carol I hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit you'll be in good hands with fellow cc'ers and yep I'm jealous..

Irv thanks for the heads up...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Sarasocke

Just wanted to remind everyone - I've booked my flight and hotel (Heathrow), so Sunday the 4th is definitely on  8)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.