• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 286
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 296
  • Total: 296
  • Google
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Repaired my motherboard

Started by Mick, July 14, 2009, 08:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

After I got my new PC, I decided to investigate the reasons for my old PC randomly freezing up.   

On close inspection of the motherboard I noticed that three of the capacitors on the board were bulging at tops.  I remember reading a while back about BadCaps, and decided brush up on my soldering skills, and have a go at replacing them.   Nicked three capacitors from a old board, and swapped them with the bulging ones.  It worked much to my surprise, and is now very stable indeed.

I can now recover all my files from the old system, thank god.  ;)

More info about BadCaps  here,  http://www.badcaps.net/
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

bones615

Well done Mick,  its always satisfying when it goes right especially when theres nothing to lose. I tried it with the kids old xbox (loose bit on the motherboard) but i dont think my old soldering iron was up to the job & the board had more than 1 layer so i probably melted something else that i could not see, nothing lost as it was broken anyway.

Simon

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.