• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 12
  • Total: 12
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

All at sea

Started by JaneM, April 29, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneM

Taken at Well's next the sea (which is quite far from the sea) lol I am not over the moon with the composition but just love the colours.

JaneM

I don't own a wide angle lens and always think I am missing out on so much when taking seascapes/landscape photos?

donoreo

Quote from: JaneM on April 29, 2014, 02:25:44 PM
Taken at Well's next the sea (which is quite far from the sea) lol I am not over the moon with the composition but just love the colours.

No where in the UK is more than 70 miles from the sea.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/derbyshire/3090539.stm  So "quite far from the sea" is relative.   :tup:

Graham

Quote from: donoreo on April 29, 2014, 03:10:32 PM
Quote from: JaneM on April 29, 2014, 02:25:44 PM

No where in the UK is more than 70 miles from the sea.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/derbyshire/3090539.stm  So "quite far from the sea" is relative.   :tup:
Re The "What lens" post.

With the Sigma 10/20 everything will be "Far away" .  :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: JaneM on April 29, 2014, 02:27:13 PM
I don't own a wide angle lens and always think I am missing out on so much when taking seascapes/landscape photos?

You don't need a wide angle lens to take a landscape/seascape shot. I often use my 70-200mm F2.8 VR lens to do landscapes shots even thought I have both the Nikon 24-70mm F2.8 and the Nikon 14-24mm F2.8.  ???

JaneM

Thanks for your comment :) I have never used a wide angle lens, and all my landscapes and seascapes have been taken with a 18-55mm, but there are times where I feel I have to pull back to get everything in I want, and often loose the focal point I am trying to bring in, if that makes sense?  :o I think it's just looking at ways to improve and also give me 'something different' with my landscapes?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.