• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 242
  • Total: 242
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat thread for weekly comp SUNSHINE OR SHOWERS

Started by irv_b, April 22, 2012, 06:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

This weeks topic is Sunshine or Showers
The idea is to try and depict one or other of these weather conditions in any way you can which should be pretty easy with this weeks forecast
Have fun and stay dry

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 23rd Apr 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 29th Apr 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 30th Apr 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 1st May 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 5th May 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...
By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

Well if it's like today. Only took one picture when it started to rain just after 10:30am. Gave up at 14:30pm.  :'(

irv_b

I don't think I will be getting a shot in this week - I had a little operation to have a ganglion removed from my hand and now it is trussed up in a banage like a boxer. It also hurts like crazy :D
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Reinardina

Quote from: irv_b on April 26, 2012, 11:21:02 AM
I don't think I will be getting a shot in this week - I had a little operation to have a ganglion removed from my hand and now it is trussed up in a banage like a boxer. It also hurts like crazy :D

Sorry to hear it hurts. Hope it gets beter soon.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: irv_b on April 26, 2012, 11:21:02 AM

Ouch.  Irv, hope it stops hurting real soon. 

A bottle of JD usually helps with the pain.  :beer:  Also, aren't you suppose to whack it with a bible?  ( the ganglion I mean).  :knuppel2:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

More showers than sunshine, so I am in with this one:

Wet wet wet ...

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Certainly no sunshine breaking through for a rainbow here today - but managed this in between the showers.

Hope the hand is sorted and you are back on track quickly Irv.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

michaelb104

I had been hoping for big dark looming skies and possibly a rainbow as well but all there has been this weekend is cold winds, overcast skies and now lots of miserable rain.  So I nipped into the garden this morning and quickly grabbed one of the bird bath.  I even had to use flash as there was not enough light.  It was too wet to get any proper lights out (I say proper lights, I mean my one off camera flash) so I used the on camera flash, hence this is why the bird bath is looking startled, but at least it does not have red eye   :P  ;)

Got to say there are some brilliant shots already, I know it's going to be a difficult week to choose who to vote for   :-\
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.