• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

how to upload

Started by daisiemaetulip, September 03, 2009, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daisiemaetulip

well i have managed to create two albums.. but for the life of me i cannot see how to add photos to them?? i'm sure its staring me in the face but at the moment with ruby(large fat cat) on my lap, jack(large 10month baby) hanging on my leg trying to grab ruby and ellie-mae(beautiful little 6yr old) wanting a drink.. i just cannot find it!

Bigbill

Hewwo from Rainy Sheffy,

If you click on Gallery,you should see a little house type thingy,click on this,and to the left you will see "upload file",from there just follow the steps(it can be slow) and you will be sked to choose which folder to upload to,,,,,
i was the same as you,but got there in the end.
Hope this helps.

Shine On

daisiemaetulip

magicrhodes

HELP!!!!

Have tried to upload a photo, have got the file size below the required limit however have had another error saying it is either too tall or wide... Can I adjust on irfanview and what does it need reducing to? :(

Mick

Quote from: magicrhodes on September 08, 2009, 09:49:19 AM
HELP!!!!

Have tried to upload a photo, have got the file size below the required limit however have had another error saying it is either too tall or wide... Can I adjust on irfanview and what does it need reducing to? :(

Hi sorry for the confusion.  I really must get a help file sorted for this.   Currently we have a max file size of 1mb, and max image size height / width of 2048 pixels.  You should be able to do this with irfanview, but as I don't use it I'm not sure of the exact method, sorry.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

magicrhodes

Thanks for your help, I have since discovered the way to do it I just ended up guessing at a small size! My pic is Kelham Island in the Snow and I'd like some feedback from my esteemed craniums, who are wonderful, great, all knowing and very very kind!

greypoint

To get maximum feedback why not start a 'hit, miss or maybe' thread in the photo technique section. Quite easy to do - just right click on your picture and select andcopy  'properties' - then start your thread and paste what you've copied - put [ img]  at the front and [ /img] at the end of what you've pasted [don't leave a space before the img and /img after the bracket like I've done, that's the only way I could get the instructions to show]- it should show. Members will then, hopefully do their worst!

alan1j

Not sure why but I'm unable to navigate from the gallery home page and upload any images at the moment. When putting my cusor over the house, The upload file message just below to the left not appearing? Is there a set limit on how many can be uploaded by someone in a set time period or something else the reson for this not happening. Haven't encounted any problems before!!??

Rgds Alan.

Eileen

Alan,

personally I find it's a bit hit and miss in terms of getting that message to appear. I just generally move the cursor in the area where I expect to see it and if that doesn't work change tabs and it appears eventually. It took me a little while to get used to it.

Eileen

greypoint

If you change the gallery theme the tabs for all the functions are much clearer - I'm using andreas [I think!]

Mick

Quote from: alan1j on September 08, 2009, 11:33:13 PM
Not sure why but I'm unable to navigate from the gallery home page and upload any images at the moment. When putting my cusor over the house, The upload file message just below to the left not appearing? Is there a set limit on how many can be uploaded by someone in a set time period or something else the reson for this not happening. Haven't encounted any problems before!!??

Rgds Alan.

Alan / Eileen , sorry you're having problems with this theme.  I don't like the way the sub menu hides either, and as you said it's very hit and miss sometimes.   

Give me a couple of days to get my other pc connected to the net, and I'll mod this theme to show the upload file link permanently.  In the meantime you might find it easier to use a different theme, and I'll let you know when I'll fixed it. ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

alan1j

Hey thanks Eileen for your reply, will have to look into it. Mick great to see your on the ball with a quick responce, UNLIKE another site I'm not going to mention. I think my stay here is going to be most enjoyable. Really likeing the feel of this place already..

Rgds Alan.

Mick

Quote from: alan1j on September 09, 2009, 02:41:45 PM
Hey thanks Eileen for your reply, will have to look into it. Mick great to see your on the ball with a quick responce, UNLIKE another site I'm not going to mention. I think my stay here is going to be most enjoyable. Really likeing the feel of this place already..

Rgds Alan.

Thanks Alan.  OK, I think the upload image link should be permanently visible now.  No more clicking on the little house icon. :D Crude I know, but I'll tidy that up ASAP. ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Eileen

Hi Mick. thanks for looking at this so quickly. Sadly for me the upload pictures link seems to have disappeared completely now. I have changed themes twice but can't find it. It's been a long day so may be missing something obvious and will try again tomorrow.

Mick

Quote from: Eileen on September 09, 2009, 08:48:33 PM
Hi Mick. thanks for looking at this so quickly. Sadly for me the upload pictures link seems to have disappeared completely now. I have changed themes twice but can't find it. It's been a long day so may be missing something obvious and will try again tomorrow.

:doh:  Sorry about that.  It's working for me on both my PC's.  Any chance you could post a screen grab?  (they are allowed in the gallery)  :D

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.