• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 103
  • Total: 103
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

THE MANY WONDERS OF PHOTOGRAPHY

Started by ABERS, January 02, 2010, 07:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

It's been said many times what a wonderful pastime/hobby photography is. Apart from the wonder you feel when looking at a particularly pleasing image, have you considered all the other wonders that are involved with it's practise. Just a few spring to mind.

No Comments - I WONDER why I bother?

Can't get it as I want it - I WONDER why?

That's not how I saw it - I WONDER should I have moved to the right a bit?

That's a prizewinner!? - I WONDER what the judges saw in that?

Strange image - I WONDER if the author saw it like that?

Shall I tone it? - I WONDER if it will imporove it?

I just WONDER if there are any more 'WONDERS' you experience? :-\

picsfor

I Wonder how i didn't see 'that' angle?
or
I Wonder how i missed 'that' shot?

And i wonder those thoughts every time i've been out on a photo shoot or meet with other photographers and see the pictures they have produced!

Oldboy

I wonder why things happen when someone is talking to you whereas, during the other four hours or so nothing does?  :'(

oRGie

I WONDER what I should sell to buy the lenses I lust after  :doh:  :beer:

Forseti

As Samuel Johnson once quoted "All wonder is the effect of novelty on ignorance".

Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Hybridphotog

I sometimes wonder about the darkroom. ;)

anglefire

I wonder why I always seem to miss THE shot.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

minky_monkey

spinner

I wonder why interesting things happen around me when I don't have my camera handy but don't happen when I do? ::)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

It's called 'togs law'
If you want a photo free time - carry a camera. If you want to spend all your time cursing at missed shots - don't carry a camera  :tup:

Happens to all of us would be photographers!  ;D

Sarasocke

Good thread !

I always wonder how the dog's tail is always in the corner of my landscape shots so that I HAVE to crop in post.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

magicrhodes

Quote from: Sarasocke on January 07, 2010, 12:50:00 PM
Good thread !

I always wonder how the dog's tail is always in the corner of my landscape shots so that I HAVE to crop in post.

The dog knows what it is doing!  ;D ;D

Sarasocke

Quote from: magicrhodes on January 07, 2010, 01:09:25 PM
Quote from: Sarasocke on January 07, 2010, 12:50:00 PM
Good thread !

The dog knows what it is doing!  ;D ;D

:P
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

CML-1591

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.