• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT 'OTT' Weekly competition 17 March-24 March 2014. CHAT.

Started by Reinardina, March 16, 2014, 07:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

CHAT THREAD

This week's theme is OTT, or 'Over The Top.'

Any way you want to interpret this: literally or figuratively. And of course no restrictions on pp, so you can really go over the top there, if you feel like it.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 17th March 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 23rd March 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 24th March 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 25th March 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 29th March. 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

A bit of Up And no Under  :P

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on March 16, 2014, 08:27:38 AM
A bit of Up And no Under  :P

You're too mysterious for me here, OB.

It did make me realise though, that Chris reacted in the ENTRIES thread, and I slavishly followed. Have removed my post, and will ask Chris to remove hers, so we can have a clean start.

DigiDiva

Removed it, sorry I was half asleep this morning when I posted it....Here it is here...

I have noooooo idea for this one!!!!!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on March 16, 2014, 09:19:15 AM
Removed it, sorry I was half asleep this morning when I posted it....Here it is here...

I have noooooo idea for this one!!!!!

That's not like you Chris. But it doesn't matter, as any shot will do, as you can edit it 'over the top.' Have a go at the sliders and filters, till you really get something bizarre.

Andrew

I suppose the real issue for this theme is - how OTT is too OTT?  :D
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Reinardina

Quote from: Andrew on March 16, 2014, 12:32:50 PM
I suppose the real issue for this theme is - how OTT is too OTT?  :D

In the figurative meaning, it will depend on the person. What one thinks an outré outfit for instance, will be the norm for someone else.
Same goes for behaviour, car or body adornments, hair colour; you name it and you could be challenged at every point.
In photo editing, it is probably somewhat easier to agree.

In this case we are not challenging anybody, and everyone can post whatever he/she finds OTT.

Jediboy

I have an idea. It a bit predictable, but it's the best I've got so far. Early days though.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

I got the chance to stop for 5 minutes on the way to work yesterday and grabbed this. Its an OTT HDR, but I'm not sure its OTT enough??  :-\

May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

I might do the idea I had last week with no time this week - if I have time. :uglystupid2:

DigiDiva

Reinardina

Haven't got anything yet. Some ideas, but nothing executed.
Daughter has been over for a few days, and that means the camera stays at home.

DigiDiva

I am still stumped. I only have one idea, but I used it a few weeks ago for a previous entry on here. It will fit the brief but I wanted to try something else. Failing any other ideas, it will be a repeat of the other image, but freshly taken of course.

Hinfrance

An idea just came to me. Will have to do it tomorrow, so fingers crossed no-one else has the same plan and does it better.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I'm hoping for good shooting weather tomorrow. If not, I'll do an OTT editing job, something I rather like, but I hope to do something different for this.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.