• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,407
  • Total Topics: 5,700
  • Online today: 32
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 22
  • Total: 22
  • Google
aliexpress
JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...Photography and Seasons.Favourite Photography Tec...Photography Challenges.What's your favourite pho...

CHAT THREAD - A FACE IN THE CROWD - 23RD - 31ST May

Started by kerbside, May 23, 2015, 07:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

CHAT THREAD
Weekly competition – Saturday 23rd May - Sunday 31st May  2015 - A FACE IN THE CROWD

As it is a  holiday weekend i thought that people may be out and about so i have chosen the theme as above. Try to isolate a character that has a great expression or doing something out of the ordinary but please try and get the crowd as well,(crowd out of focus even better), this is NOT a portrait theme but more of a "street photography" theme. Good luck and i hope that you enjoy the challenge.

Pictures to be taken between the times above,
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 1st June 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 2nd June 2015
Winner to be announced Saturday 6th June 2015

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

jinky

Damn I wish I was going to our local fun day now instead of having friends round on Monday. Double booking  >:(
Not sure I`ll be seeing any crowds for the week now as I`m off to the lakes for a few days in the week and promised splendid isolation. Mind you we might be going to Cartmel races so there`s a chance.

Reinardina

Splendid isolation at the Lakes, during a half term holiday?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

It will be where we are apart from the races.We`re in the southern lakes and will be on some lonesome walks in the hills  not in Windermere and the like.

kerbside

Sorry Jinky, thought that this topic could be covered by most, trust someone to go for isolation, I'm sure that you will try.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

kerbside

Well someone has to start these things off so i am in with this, Could be Fred Bert or Harry but i have called him Steve.
Steve

Reinardina

Haven't been entering for some time, as time is tight, but I had the camera with me today, so I shot some shoppers.
Did some selective blurring to make the beautiful girl stand out a bit more.

A face in a crowd

Beaux Reflets

No entry from me this week. Just not been out to crowded areas, and of course, living in France, Street Photography has some limitations and I have not had enough time this week to organise something suitable.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

If I had seen a bed of pansies (the flowers) somewhere, I would have photographed them, and made one 'face' stand out.
That was my original plan, as I do not take my camera out often at the moment, due to 'things' happening all at once, in the 'refurbishment business' at home.

My new kitchen is in the planning stage, that horror I still have to face!

Beaux Reflets

A bit of lateral thinking crossed my mind; but nothing gelled in what has been a very busy week of repairs around the homestead.

Oldboy

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on May 26, 2015, 06:25:44 AM
No entry from me this week. Just not been out to crowded areas, and of course, living in France, Street Photography has some limitations and I have not had enough time this week to organise something suitable.

Doesn't the competition run until next Sunday?  :doh:

Unless you are a time traveller and know you haven't got time to get the shot.  :o :2funny:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Oldboy on May 26, 2015, 08:52:24 AM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on May 26, 2015, 06:25:44 AM

Doesn't the competition run until next Sunday?  :doh:

Unless you are a time traveller and know you haven't got time to get the shot.  :o :2funny:

Oh :uglystupid2: me -  what :doh: :doh: I am today :2funny:

Hinfrance

I have an idea for this topic that won't break French privacy laws - but I can't take the main picture until Sunday and might not be able to get the editing done in time.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

SimonW

I tried several ideas including a herd of cows, then saw the one I entered while shooting another type of scene altogether.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

Got something - not what I intended to do at all. Couldn't find a crowd of people anywhere (it's the country, you know  ::)  )
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.