• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 136
  • Total: 136
  • Google
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat thread for ALCOHOL 26th March to 1st April weekly competition

Started by jinky, March 24, 2012, 03:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

This week the theme is ALCOHOL, following the news that I will be paying more for my binge drinking thanks to this Alliance government that nobody voted for.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 26th March 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 1st April 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 2nd 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 3rd April 2012 until Friday 30th March.
Winner to be announced Saturday 31st March 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are wide open as far as processing is concerned but must feature alcohol in some form. An image produced under the influence of alcohol is not sufficient - alcohol must be visible in the image  ;). I`ll just have a quick one and get thinking....

By entering you also agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Good luck and have fun.

Hinfrance

There's a pretty direct link between drink prices and how much people drink. The problem is that it is exactly opposite to the relationship that the control freak do-gooders wish it was: the higher the price, the more is consumed, until you get to Finland where the prices are the highest and pretty much everyone is pretty much drunk most of the time.

But then it's dark most of the time too so no-one notices. ;D.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Yes a typically useless policy. Well after clobbering the pensioners, people on benefits and saving the rich a bit on their income tax I guess it had to be drunks next.

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 24, 2012, 03:17:17 PM
This week the theme is ALCOHOL, following the news that I will be paying more for my binge drinking thanks to this Alliance government that nobody voted for.

You can drink as much as you like without getting drunk - just don't swallow.  :uglystupid2:

jinky

Yes I think I might have some of the props before I start and then finish it off after  ;)

Reinardina

I thought in Scandinavian countries, a lot of people made their own alcohol.

What I never understand, is that problems are never tackled 'from the bottom up,' but always from 'the top down.'

Universities are dumbing down, in stead of primary and secondary schools improving their teaching.

Binge drinking should be tackled at source: people who are drunk should not be served more alcohol to make them paralytic.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on March 24, 2012, 06:50:40 PM
Binge drinking should be tackled at source: people who are drunk should not be served more alcohol to make them paralytic.

The law requires that a publican asks a drinker if he is sober before he can serve them.  :o The problem is created by the travel industry like club 18-30, which encourages people to drink to excess in their drinking games in the name of profits. Is it a really a wonder that they think, to have a good time, you must be drunk.  >:( 

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on March 24, 2012, 09:51:32 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 24, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

The law requires that a publican asks a drinker if he is sober before he can serve them.  :o The problem is created by the travel industry like club 18-30, which encourages people to drink to excess in their drinking games in the name of profits. Is it a really a wonder that they think, to have a good time, you must be drunk.  >:(

Don't think they're out to have a good time. All they want is to be as drunk as possible.

jinky

Was watching something the other night where it said binge drinking was drinking 5 pints for a bloke. Now my days of drinking that much beer are behind me - preferring wine- but it does mean that in my youth I was a binge drinker on a fairly regular basis and maybe need to stop lecturing my daughters on the evils of drink. That said it is spirits now that do the damage rather than the beer / cider etc of my youth.

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on March 28, 2012, 11:23:30 PM
Was watching something the other night where it said binge drinking was drinking 5 pints for a bloke. Now my days of drinking that much beer are behind me - preferring wine- but it does mean that in my youth I was a binge drinker on a fairly regular basis and maybe need to stop lecturing my daughters on the evils of drink. That said it is spirits now that do the damage rather than the beer / cider etc of my youth.

I regularly 'drank binge' in my early twenties, but as we still behaved, and weren't wandering the streets in dishabille, it went unnoticed. We even drove home unnoticed! I shudder to think what could have happened!

donoreo

I would have been a binge drinker in my early 20's while at university.  Never drank until Thursday night, not Friday and maybe Saturday.  It would never be that much. 

Do they allow "happy hours" with discount drink prices?  They do not here, if you set a price, it must remain that price for the rest of the day. 

jinky

Yes there are happy hours and shots promotions etc. That said I know my youngest barely drinks when she goes out because of the cost. That said her and her mates down some stuff before they go out! :o

Hinfrance

Quote from: donoreo on March 29, 2012, 02:40:36 PM
Do they allow "happy hours" with discount drink prices?  They do not here, if you set a price, it must remain that price for the rest of the day. 

So Happy Hour is 11:00 to midnight then?  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 29, 2012, 04:51:29 PM
Quote from: donoreo on March 29, 2012, 02:40:36 PM

So Happy Hour is 11:00 to midnight then?  :legit:
No, there is just no discount :)  A lot of bars near colleges or universities have Thursday "light night" where the prices are lower to draw the students out. 

michaelb104

Wow, the first in this week.

Just taken this sat in the garden enjoying the last of the sun before (allegedly) the snow and cold weather returns next week, just in time for the Easter break.  Oh well, the garden could do with the water  ;)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.