• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Xs converters

Started by Bigbill, July 17, 2009, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbill

hewwo from about 30 fathoms down,,,,now then,Converters,,,are the makers brand ones(ie Nikon,Canon etc) really worth the extra outlay,or,are the Jessops ones better value ??
Also,just what exactly are the limitations,ie,will the Jessops one provide AF regardless of lens etc etc

Shine On

Oldboy

It's been raining here as well and the wind is very strong. Didn't go out today as it has remain very dull also.  :'(
I only have the Nikon 1.4 and 2x converters and I think they are worth the money. Not too sure about the Jessop's own brand but the Kenko is well regarded and they do a 3x.  :tup:

bones615

Hi Bill, I have been using a jessops 2x (which i assume is pretty much the same as kenko) for a while and have been very satisfied by the results. There is a thread here http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=427.0
A lot seems to depend on the lens you are fitting to it.

Simon

Bigbill

Thanks you Two,,,,the item would be primarily for birds,,,,been using my Tammy 300(which is a great lens) but its just not getting the job done,several things bother me,loss of aperture,manual focus etc etc,,,Old Boy,your the birdy man around here,i,m using a D300(awesome beast),would a third party converter get the job done ?

Shine On

Oldboy

I can't be certain about third party converters as I haven't used one. Only Nikon on the Nikons and Sigma on the 50-500mm.  ::)

Bigbill

Thanks Old Boy,ive decided against the purchase,on the basis that a converter would only amplify the probs with the Tamron lens,ie the softness,methinks that it would only be an advantage if the lens to be used was a very good one,,ie one of Nikons expensive jobbies.

Shine On

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.