• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 233
  • Total: 233
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

How to send High Resolution images

Started by nancy, January 15, 2010, 05:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nancy

Help!! I have to send a High Resolution, DPI 300, Jpeg of Tiff, approx 8x10 image....ASAP!! How do I do this through LR? I use LR for all my RAW images before going to Photoshop. Once done there, they are saved as a TIFF back to LR.

Entry into my very first competition and have been selected as a finalist ( who'd have thunk it?) and now the stress is slowly causing me to drink :beer:and pull my hair out! :o

Any help would be sooo appreciated!

Nancy

picsfor

PM sent with instructions how to export files from Lightroom.

jinky

Just seen this when about to post a query and thought it tied in.
I`ve just got my new Dell pc and everything is marvellous. Soooo fast with lightroom,photoshop and NX2. Just a question on resolution that came up. I noticed that with photoshop and no re-sampling all images were saving at 300 pixels pi so fine. Stuff I have put through Lightroom is saving at 240 pixels pi. I know that 240 is sufficient in most instances but how do you change it to 300 pixels per inch?

picsfor

OK, really simple.

When you export from LR - you get an "Export File" dialogue box pop up.

If you scroll down below the choice of file type option you will see some choices for quality of image (%), dimensions of image (pixels) and most importantly - DPI. This defaults to 240 but all you do is put in 300. I've found it offers me the last setting so once you've set it, unless you change to 72dpi for web purposes, you'll never need to change it again!

Hope that helps... If not my ability to explain is losing the plot!

jinky

Cheers for that - must be what I did when it was on my old PC but getting senile  ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.