• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 160
  • Total: 160
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Domestic Pets - CHAT THREAD 29/01-5/02/2018

Started by jinky, January 29, 2018, 06:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Domestic Pets: WEEKLY COMP 29th January to 5th February 2018
One just for H and his adorable cat which he loves dearly  ;). Take a shot of yours or somebody elses pet. If you have to visit Pets at Home for one do ask permission first!

THIS IS THE CHAT THREAD

The ENTRY thread is here: https://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=5037.msg56910#msg56910

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 4th February 2018, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 5th February 2018.
Poll will be up Tuesday 30th January 2018.
Winner to be announced Saturday 10th February 2018

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Hinfrance

Unfortunately the fish died, so the cat it is. It'll be of it sleeping, obviously, as that is just about all it does . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 29, 2018, 07:53:45 AM
Unfortunately the fish died, so the cat it is. It'll be of it sleeping, obviously, as that is just about all it does . .
I`m sure you can get it moving for a bit of fish. Mine runs a mile whenever I get the camera near it. I thought when I set this I was seeing some friends with their new rescue dog but turns out that is next week so guessing it`s a cat from me too.

StephenBatey

As a nod to the thread, I've just changed my avatar for a more recent photo (a few weeks old, I think) of me with our two cats. Holly (the tortoiseshell one at the top) is a throat as opposed to lap cat - given the chance, she'll lie out on my throat...
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

jinky

I`m in with Joey. Bit of an experiment for me as it was taken with my £20 Ebay Helios 44-2 old Russian lens. In sunlight it is renowned for it`s swirly bokeh when shooting fully open. If the sun ever shines here again I`ll upload one. For now this was a good back to basics for me shooting a cat that hates cameras in full manual mode.

Hinfrance

Like Paul, I've been stalking the darned cat all week. Occasionally it moved. My entry is one I managed to grab of it eating some lunch:

And then this morning, too late for the comp, he brings his breakfast in. Unfortunately a little blurred as he was moving quickly and either the autofocus didn't lock or he was moving to quickly for the flash sync against the ambient light. This is the non violent image. The mouse was deconstructed and consumed shortly thereafter. He bites the heads off first, and then works his was down the torso, the last things to disappear into his maw are the hind legs and tail.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Quote from: Reinardina on February 05, 2018, 08:56:23 AM
What! No dogs or horses?

Was at a friend's house at the weekend, they've got a dog, but it's quite young and far more interested in playing, fussing, licking my hands and ears, and running about, than sitting still. I don't know anyone who keeps a horse in their house!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 05, 2018, 09:32:33 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on February 05, 2018, 08:56:23 AM
What! No dogs or horses?

Was at a friend's house at the weekend, they've got a dog, but it's quite young and far more interested in playing, fussing, licking my hands and ears, and running about, than sitting still. I don't know anyone who keeps a horse in their house!

I don't either, but there must be some, somewhere, especially now that the miniature horses are becoming more popular.
But ... I was thinking of domesticated animals, and the horse is most definitely in that category.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Simple

My wife wanted a Garfield type cat-Ginger Tom cat-, and found one locally as a kitten. We hopefully named it Tiger. We took it to the vet after the required amount of weeks and got all things done that vets do to young kittens. She also told us that it was a girl cat, so now we call her Tiger Lilly.

Jediboy

Just back from Marrakech where we did a tour of the Atlas Mountains, including traditional Berber lunch in a house up in the mountains - wonderful experience and food. Anyway, they had cats that would sot by the tagines whilst cooking on coal to keep warm. I didn't take my DSLR in the end so had to use my wifes Nikon compact that I struggled with. About to upload the photos and see what I have got.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Changed my entry to Fitch instead. My daughter`s cat that usually runs a mile if I approach let me take a shot at the weekend  so why not

Jediboy

The cats warming up by the tagines didn't work out (crappy little camera) so here is one I took during the week before we flew.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

I'm afraid this competition is becoming too catty!  :P :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.