• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 102
  • Total: 102
  • Bingbot
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Canon 40D

Started by oRGie, December 01, 2007, 11:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oRGie

Well I love mine   :tup:   :beer:  :2funny:  :doh:

lurkalot

Hi oRGie, and welcome.  :tup:

Canon 40D, well I am tempted, but can't justify the upgrade at the moment.  (or should I just say I'm skint)  :D

Did you upgrade from another model?

oRGie

yeah, 400D, but when I got the 400D it was just released and I would have got a 40D then if was out. I didnt want to get a 30D as it didnt make a lot of sense knowing that a 40 would be soon along, little did I know I would have to wait over a year lol. I figured it would be easier to sell the 400D as it would still be the current model, than a 30D thats was being replaced, worked out well in the end, I managed to sell the 400D and grip etc for what I paid, result  :tup:

For me this is my first mid level camera, I had eos 35mm, but a 500n I think it was, the 400D was great to use, but the whole feel of the 40D is so nice. But iirc you have a 30D ? I wouldnt have thought there was much point in upgrading apart from new toy syndrome ?

oRGie

update time :)  still loving the 40D, recently bought a battery grip as I noticed although the 40D is larger than the 400 it makes my fingers ache after an hour or so, useing it for work and the battery grip allthough isnt needed for extra finger room, it means the camera sits against the palm of my hand, it makes a huge differnce to long periods of use and reduces shake enormously :)   tis a huge beast now with the grip and flashgun attached  :beer:

Mick

Sounds great oRGie, I'm very tempted. (Very).  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

oRGie

Well a year alter still love my 40D :)  was only vaguely interested in the 50D, but really no reason for me to upgrade. I have started a diy project to make a mock battery grip, something that gives me the benefit of having the weight of the camera better held in the palm of my hand but without the bulk and extra weight of the battery grip, so far I've made a mock up in cardboard, still trying to decide what materials to use for the finished item, must put a pic of it up. I used a cheap QR tripod plate to fix it to the camer, the mock up feels about right.

picsfor

loved my 40D. Got it as a second camera for a wedding i had to do (to match my 30D) last year.
Taken sooo many great pictures with it - it's taken the 5D MkII to make it surplus.

So now it's gonna be listed along with my 30D - well they're just sitting in the corner - i'd have to charge the batteries up to get them going again!

Andrew

greypoint

Had one for ten months - that's a long time - upgraded back to Nikon tho' :D ....actually, thinking about it, I upgraded to Pentax first! :2funny: :2funny: ::)

anglefire

You don't upgrade to anyware from a Canon :) :) :) :2funny:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Colin

I upgraded my 20D to a 40D just over a month ago and am very pleased with the upgrade. The 60D is rumoured to be due out any day but with a rumoured list price of body only of ~£1500 I couldn't afford it and I wasn't impressed with the 50D that I tried.

greypoint

they generally reckon with Canon to skip one model so 20D to 40D would be a good move - joking apart the 40D is a very good camera :tup:

Damon

My first adventure into digital was with the 400D. But after a year i upgraded to a 40D (Great camera) I now use the 5D mk11.
Can`t really speak for Nikon or any other make, ( apart for pentax ME super & P30N, i used to use before digital )because when i bought my 400D i bought into a brand so to change would be real expensive. Not that i would want to change, generally speaking i love the canon`s. Do they make a bad one? not in my opinion, But then i think this could apply to most make`s today. :tup:
Damon.

skellum

I now have a 30D & a 1Dmk 11  very happy with both. Gone to far down the Canon line now with lenes etc to change but I would'nt want to. :legit:

Spiritflier

I've had my 40D for about 18 months now and love it to bits... I'm going to be very interested to see what Canon do come up with in terms of specifications for a '60D' when they get around to it although I'm still firmly committed to getting the 5D MKII when finances allow.

picsfor

Quote from: Spiritflier on August 30, 2009, 02:47:51 PM
I'm still firmly committed to getting the 5D MKII when finances allow.

then please do not give it a try until you can afford it. Really is a different piece of kit from the 40D and you will want one straight away!

Just love mine. Some one says it can do video as well but i'm not that bothered!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.