• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73
  • Baidu
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

5DII vs 7D

Started by oRGie, October 19, 2009, 04:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

Is nikon any good??
Well, after using Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Fuji and Nikon.....I'd say yes!! I'd also say there's so little between them at the bottom mid range that it's mainly down to personal choice and what you mainly photograph. 40D was nice D90 nicer....D300 just sooo lovely to handle..... :D :D

oRGie

I need some patience :)

7D price is moving daily, just spotted it for £1299 at HDEW cameras, anyone know this store or have used their online store ?
http://stores.hdewcameras.com/StoreFront.bok

:beer:

picsfor

Never heard of them - but looking at their statement that they've been going since 1993 and then looking at their special offer for a 1Ds MkIII for £2375 i'd give them a wide birth.
1Ds MK III giving a mixture of specs between the 1D and 1Ds models, showing a picture of a 1D and a price a little over what you would pay for a 5D MkII.

In my book - something doesn't add up which means i'd still be more than likely to part cash with Park Cameras or similar.

greypoint

Have to say I've never heard of them either and I've done a fair bit of shopping around over the years. To be fair most of their prices are around what others are charging but if that's the case then it's as well to use a store with a known reputation.

oRGie

hmm, unfortunately Park dont do european deliveries, same with Wex, Bristol and jessops prices arent competative atm  :D   but I see what you mean about the 1dmk3, someone has made a mistake for sure. I must admit the site looks ok to me apart from that, I will give them a call and get a feel for the company depending on who I speak to, see if that gives me confidence in them. Their 7D price of £1299 doesnt seem so cheap that it worries me, I won't be suprised if thats the price it settles too most places over the next few weeks. I found them when searching for 24-105 prices, they have one for £725...

I would love to buy locally, but cheapest I can get a 7D for over the counter here is 1699 euros which is around £1550, so after shipping is added I would save around £200! not to be sniffed at. Having said that, if they are dodgy !!??!!   I would of course be buying with a CC, so I would have some protection from fraud if they are bogus....   

I'm hoping someone will know them :)      Be patient oRGie  :beer:

greypoint

this would appear to be the feedback for their ebay shop
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=homedis&ftab=AllFeedback
nothing listed at the moment. A Google search gave a thread on talkphotography where someone talked of a 4 week wait and HK sourced goods but with extra warranty.

oRGie

The feedback looks ok, but thats not enough to bolster my confidence, thanks for searching that out  :beer:  Sent Park Cams an email, see if they can supply  :D

greypoint

Cameraworld supply but their price might not be low enough - good company to deal with i've found

hssutton

I will have my hands on a 7D come Tuesday, at a cost of £1300 from http://www.rgb-photo.co.uk/cameras-lenses-c1/digital-slrs-c2/canon-eos-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-p6.

They had 20 delivered today, but most of these where pre-ordered. Reviews of the company are good and they have a retail outlet in Middlesbro.

Harry

picsfor

nice price on the 1D Mk IV also...

oRGie

Quote from: hssutton on November 02, 2009, 01:40:42 PM
I will have my hands on a 7D come Tuesday, at a cost of £1300 from http://www.rgb-photo.co.uk/cameras-lenses-c1/digital-slrs-c2/canon-eos-7d-digital-slr-camera-body-p6.

They had 20 delivered today, but most of these where pre-ordered. Reviews of the company are good and they have a retail outlet in Middlesbro.

Harry

Thanks for posting that, sent them an email to see if they ship to mainland europe.

Park cameras will ship to me, but I have to do a bank transfer, they wont take CC to ship abroad. Spoke to them today, they have a spare battery and 8gb card offer with the camera so the price works out pretty close, but if RGB take CC and ship they will get the order. 

I see pics I am missing all over the place, last week we had the world rip curl surf championships at a beach up the road from here and me with no camera lol  talk about money burning a hole in your pocket, its like I have a piece of magma in mine  :'(

anglefire

Don't know if you do motorsports - but if these shots Here are anything to go by, the AF seems pretty good!  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

oRGie

Thanks for the link Mark.. any idea what lens the guy was using ? 

Well RGB dont do international shipping, so I'm off to the bank this morning to do a transfer to Park, have my order number in hand  :D

anglefire

Not sure - the exif doesn't say what lens - but one shot was 327mm - most of the others 500mm

And the only lenses in his sig that match up are the Canon 500mm f4.5L and sigma 120-300 (Probably f2.8).

If so, then decent glass!!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

oRGie

and on that subject :)  In the end I came to the following decision, from park I have a 7D + 15-85 kit coming along with a free battery and sandisk ext3 8gb card.  :D

The lens was the hardest part in the end to decide about. I saw some good examples from the 15-85 and felt confident that for the time being that would be a good lens for me for most uses on the 7D. I sold my other ef-s lenses except the ef-s18-200is. Plan now is to keep the 15-85, sell the 18-200 and get a 70-200 f2.8 (IS if I can afford it, but definately the 2.8 as I see so many posts from people selling the F4 version to upgrade to the 2.8!), then when funds allow I will get a 17-40 or 16-35 if I can justify, then a 24-105 or 24-70 and a FF body at some point, perhaps a second hand 5D or mk2 depending on what they go for at the time :) and hang on to the 7D.

overall I think the crop 7D suits what I like to shoot most of the time, but having a FF body for landscape and portrait stuff would be nice, hence why a 5D mk1 would do that job nicely.

I thought about the 1D path second hand perhaps, but really I dont fancy not having the option to make it smaller, ie remove the battery grip...

Now I have to wait, for the transfer to clear, then maybe 5 days for the courier ho hum.....  its at times like this I miss living in the UK, oh the joy of fondling your new toy at the counter, paying the man the money and walking out bags in hand and grin ready to splitt your face  :beer:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.