• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 145
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 158
  • Total: 158
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What do you get for Christmas

Started by anglefire, December 26, 2020, 11:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Obviously photo related as we all get socks at Christmas!

I got a portable throw over hide and kneeing mat.

I also bought myself a Rotolight Neo2 LED light and trigger - an offer on their website couldn't be overlooked! (Still looks to be active!) https://www.rotolight.com/jasonoffers/ - I have also bought a couple more Neo2 from a friend of mine who has upgraded to the bigger ones at a decent price.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

A Silvestri 6x loupe for focusing on the ground glass of my large format cameras;
A spare ground glass formy 5x7 Canham camera;
A Canham 5x7 ground glass protector;
Some dry plates in 5x7 and 10x8 (25 ISO).

I didn't actually get any socks - my "everyone gets one" present was a grammar of classical Greek  :)
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Hinfrance

Nothing photo. Got a book (Music Theory), a couple of CDs (Porcupine Tree), and a bottle of Ardbeg. Oh, and I did get some socks, probably for the first time in 30 years. I'd saved up my personal allowance for 6 months and bought myself a new bass guitar to replace my worn out Hohner Pro that I have had since the early 1990s and is basically effed; if I can find a decent luthier I will get it refretted, but as it was a very expensive instrument I suspect that would cost rather a pretty penny. The new one is lovely though, so no rush.

So had a fab Christmas, just our household and a roaring oak fire going all day long. Magic.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

We had a lovely Christmas Day at my daughters house with the  grandkids and my youngest daughter was with us -2 households meeting up. First time we`ve all been together on Christmas day for a few years. Grandkids should have been in Kent with other grandparents but my prayers were answered and common sense prevailed to keep them in Leeds  ;D. very little photo gear in my santa delivery -just a wireless remote for my Fuji with the rest being a mix of kitchen gadgets and booze + the customary socks and ants.

Jediboy

I didn't get any photography related gifts this year.
Got some martial arts equipment to train with, some Lego, aftershave and some money. I'm saving up for a new speaker so may put it towards that. Or maybe something else that takes my fancy.

Oh I nearly forgot, I got some socks too!

Sounds like you've all had a lovely Christmas.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.