HEAT - ENTRY thread weekl...POLL - Euro Weekly CompWALLS-ENTRIES: WEEKLY COM...WALLS-CHAT:WEEKLY COMP 25...HEAT - Chat thread weekly...What made you feel good t...Windows 10 Desktop wider ...Quotes from Edward WestonPOLL for LEADING LINESEURO - ENTRY thread, week...What annoyed you today?CHAT-LEADING LINES-Weekly...ENTRIES-LEADING LINES-Wee...Chairs - POLL - Week(end)...EURO - Chat thread, weekl...Chairs - CHAT Thread - We...

Author Topic: What made you feel good today  (Read 712554 times)

Offline StephenBatey

• stephenbatey/
Re: What made you feel good today
« Reply #3990 on: June 29, 2021, 03:19:13 PM »
I'll look forward to seeing it. Well done.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3991 on: June 29, 2021, 06:38:39 PM »
WMMFGT?

I won a photo competition  to have a photo hung in the local library. Nothing major as a small town but it cheered me up to find out. :)

Chest expanded with pride.  :tup:

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3992 on: June 29, 2021, 08:39:52 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it.
This is then photo. Interestingly I thought it was a little over done and asked that question on here. But I guess its interesting to see what photogsrohers like compared to non-photographers.

And well done H, good work.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline jinky

« Reply #3993 on: June 30, 2021, 02:41:14 PM »
Brilliant - it's quite a lovely feeling to see you stuff on display to the public.

Our little photo club has 6 pictures going up in the grounds of the chateau for 4 months - huge waterproof prints (1200 x900mm) the council paid for. One of them is mine :) To be honest it's not one of my best, but the theme was narrow and at least it got voted for. When they are put up next month I'll take a picture of the display and post it here.

Well done H. Sounds good

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3994 on: July 01, 2021, 07:39:40 AM »
Brilliant - it's quite a lovely feeling to see you stuff on display to the public.

Our little photo club has 6 pictures going up in the grounds of the chateau for 4 months - huge waterproof prints (1200 x900mm) the council paid for. One of them is mine :) To be honest it's not one of my best, but the theme was narrow and at least it got voted for. When they are put up next month I'll take a picture of the display and post it here.

Well done H. Sounds good

We shall see!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline StephenBatey

• stephenbatey/
« Reply #3995 on: July 08, 2021, 11:03:22 AM »
So far, two things!

First, our car has been having a problem for a few weeks. Unlike the conventional "won't start from cold" problem, it wouldn't always start when hot! Not every time, but enough to mean that turning off the engine should only be done if we were prepared to wait possibly two hours before we could leave. After three trips in (and two garages) the problem has finally been found - up until last night it had always performed perfectly under test. It should be fixed tomorrow afternoon.

And secondly, I've been setting up a web site (better late than never, although if you look at it, you might think the "never" would have been preferable) to display my holiday snaps, as I call them. Today I think it looks half reasonable, even if there's a lot of text to add. Masochists can try batey.photography. Sensible folk can stay home...
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3996 on: July 09, 2021, 09:20:10 PM »
Stephen, there are some very nice pictures in there - but hope you don't mind me saying - the navigation is not good - have to back to the beginning every time.....
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline StephenBatey

• stephenbatey/
« Reply #3997 on: July 09, 2021, 10:31:08 PM »
I'll see what I can do. Thanks very much for the feedback. As a film photographer, negative(s) are good  :) so comments like this are very helpful. I'm not sure how it should behave, but I'll see what others do.

I've taken a look again, and I can see exactly what you mean. I'll be changing this - you've been a great help.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 09:11:18 AM by StephenBatey »

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3998 on: July 10, 2021, 10:26:09 PM »
Pleasure - hope its an easy fix!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline StephenBatey

• stephenbatey/
« Reply #3999 on: July 10, 2021, 10:53:05 PM »
The execution will be easy - if time consuming - it's deciding how it should work. From each photo, step forward to the next in the gallery, or back to the one before. A third choice to go back up a level perhaps. But what to do with the first and last. Choices are to return to the level above, skip to the first photo in the next gallery, skip to the next/previous gallery....

I may keep it simple and loop round ad infinitum in the same gallery, with an option to go back to the main gallery page.

If you stop by again, please post any criticisms to help me improve.

Offline anglefire

« Reply #4000 on: July 14, 2021, 10:05:26 PM »
Hi Stephen - that's much better  - means you can flip through the photo's one at a time :)

I did click on the Introduction link - and presumably you are going to add some text in there and not just a contact email link!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline StephenBatey

• stephenbatey/
« Reply #4001 on: July 14, 2021, 10:30:38 PM »
I'll start typing now...

I've been working on the large format stuff. And I will be putting up some digital photos in due course.

Edit to add:

The moving finger types, and having typed hit "update"  :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 09:59:23 AM by StephenBatey »

Offline anglefire

« Reply #4002 on: July 15, 2021, 06:51:07 AM »
That's better :)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline anglefire

« Reply #4003 on: July 15, 2021, 06:54:55 AM »
I was also going to say - my website - well 3 if you use different sub domains and 4 if you include the blog - is all pictures - lots of pictures - and no words. At least you have some words and reasoning behind things.

As for my blog. I'm not even sure whats in there now - I think its wordpress - but not really sure. Been a long time since I put it up.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline anglefire

« Reply #4004 on: July 21, 2021, 06:31:25 AM »
As ever this is not today - but over the weekend- Well Sunday!

Had a photoshoot over at Park Lands Studios near Hinckley (https://parklandsstudio.online/) with three others and 2 models - 1 male and 1 female - it was a themed shoot with the idea of a girl being stalked by a clown, then befriends clown and then perhaps one or other is done in!

Brilliant idea - but perhaps not on one of the hottest, sunniest days of the year!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx HEAT - ENTRY thread weekly comp - 17/06/2021 - 26/06/2021 International Weekly Comp Entries 148/4 Oldboy Last post July 26, 2021, 10:46:28 PM
xx POLL - Euro Weekly Comp International Weekly Comp Entries 188/3 Jediboy Last post July 25, 2021, 09:02:09 PM
xx WALLS-ENTRIES: WEEKLY COMP 25/7-1/8/21 International Weekly Comp Entries 21/0 Hinfrance Last post July 25, 2021, 01:00:15 PM
xx WALLS-CHAT:WEEKLY COMP 25/7-1/8/21 International Weekly Comp Entries 21/0 Hinfrance Last post July 25, 2021, 12:59:48 PM
xx HEAT - Chat thread weekly comp - 17/06/2021 - 26/06/2021 International Weekly Comp Entries 149/4 anglefire Last post July 25, 2021, 11:54:11 AM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 712554/4007 anglefire Last post July 25, 2021, 11:53:04 AM
xx Windows 10 Desktop wider than monitor PC computer questions, tips and how to's 163/6 Oldboy Last post July 24, 2021, 08:28:07 PM
xx Quotes from Edward Weston General Photography 46/0 StephenBatey Last post July 22, 2021, 09:27:02 AM