• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 145
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenBatey

I'll look forward to seeing it. Well done.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on June 28, 2021, 07:55:26 PM
WMMFGT?

I won a photo competition  to have a photo hung in the local library. Nothing major as a small town but it cheered me up to find out. :)

Chest expanded with pride.  :tup:

Jediboy

Thanks for the kind words. Appreciate it.
This is then photo. Interestingly I thought it was a little over done and asked that question on here. But I guess its interesting to see what photogsrohers like compared to non-photographers.

And well done H, good work.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 29, 2021, 10:03:14 AM
Brilliant - it's quite a lovely feeling to see you stuff on display to the public.

Our little photo club has 6 pictures going up in the grounds of the chateau for 4 months - huge waterproof prints (1200 x900mm) the council paid for. One of them is mine :) To be honest it's not one of my best, but the theme was narrow and at least it got voted for. When they are put up next month I'll take a picture of the display and post it here.

Well done H. Sounds good

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on June 30, 2021, 02:41:14 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on June 29, 2021, 10:03:14 AM
Brilliant - it's quite a lovely feeling to see you stuff on display to the public.

Our little photo club has 6 pictures going up in the grounds of the chateau for 4 months - huge waterproof prints (1200 x900mm) the council paid for. One of them is mine :) To be honest it's not one of my best, but the theme was narrow and at least it got voted for. When they are put up next month I'll take a picture of the display and post it here.

Well done H. Sounds good

We shall see!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

StephenBatey

So far, two things!

First, our car has been having a problem for a few weeks. Unlike the conventional "won't start from cold" problem, it wouldn't always start when hot! Not every time, but enough to mean that turning off the engine should only be done if we were prepared to wait possibly two hours before we could leave. After three trips in (and two garages) the problem has finally been found - up until last night it had always performed perfectly under test. It should be fixed tomorrow afternoon.

And secondly, I've been setting up a web site (better late than never, although if you look at it, you might think the "never" would have been preferable) to display my holiday snaps, as I call them. Today I think it looks half reasonable, even if there's a lot of text to add. Masochists can try batey.photography. Sensible folk can stay home...
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

anglefire

Stephen, there are some very nice pictures in there - but hope you don't mind me saying - the navigation is not good - have to back to the beginning every time.....
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

I'll see what I can do. Thanks very much for the feedback. As a film photographer, negative(s) are good  :) so comments like this are very helpful. I'm not sure how it should behave, but I'll see what others do.

I've taken a look again, and I can see exactly what you mean. I'll be changing this - you've been a great help.

anglefire

Pleasure - hope its an easy fix!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

The execution will be easy - if time consuming - it's deciding how it should work. From each photo, step forward to the next in the gallery, or back to the one before. A third choice to go back up a level perhaps. But what to do with the first and last. Choices are to return to the level above, skip to the first photo in the next gallery, skip to the next/previous gallery....

I may keep it simple and loop round ad infinitum in the same gallery, with an option to go back to the main gallery page.

If you stop by again, please post any criticisms to help me improve.

anglefire

Hi Stephen - that's much better  - means you can flip through the photo's one at a time :)

I did click on the Introduction link - and presumably you are going to add some text in there and not just a contact email link!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

StephenBatey

I'll start typing now...

I've been working on the large format stuff. And I will be putting up some digital photos in due course.

Edit to add:

The moving finger types, and having typed hit "update"  :)

anglefire

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

I was also going to say - my website - well 3 if you use different sub domains and 4 if you include the blog - is all pictures - lots of pictures - and no words. At least you have some words and reasoning behind things.

As for my blog. I'm not even sure whats in there now - I think its wordpress - but not really sure. Been a long time since I put it up.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

As ever this is not today - but over the weekend- Well Sunday!

Had a photoshoot over at Park Lands Studios near Hinckley (https://parklandsstudio.online/) with three others and 2 models - 1 male and 1 female - it was a themed shoot with the idea of a girl being stalked by a clown, then befriends clown and then perhaps one or other is done in!

Brilliant idea - but perhaps not on one of the hottest, sunniest days of the year!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.