• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

CHAT: GLASS AND METAL: Weekly Comp Mon 22nd Oct-Sun 28th Oct

Started by Matthew, October 20, 2012, 06:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

CHAT FOR "GLASS AND METAL" IN THIS THREAD PLEASE:

Thought I'd post the new theme up a wee bit earlier to give you all some extra thinking time. I was racking my brains for something to get the creative juices going and came up with "Glass and Metal".
Basically entries should have one or more subjects incorporated of glass and metal. This can be of say, a stained glass window or a modern office block, the only limit is your imagination ;). The style or genre of how you choose to shoot/compose your subject is completely up to you, but it must contain the 2 elements of the theme.

As with previous competitions, you are "weapons free" on editing.

Entries thread can be found here: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3073.0

Good Luck!

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 22nd October 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 28th October 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 29th October 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 30th October 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 3rd November 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Interesting theme. Got a pewter beer tankard with a glass bottom somewhere!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Matthew

Glad you like, will put up the entries thread, just as soon as I find the Asprin.....met up with an old friend from school last night, whom I havent seen in 15yrs, for a few Shandy's..........Well 15yrs of catching up = a lot of Shandy's..... :dance:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reinardina

Quote from: highlandscenics on October 21, 2012, 10:41:33 AM
Glad you like, will put up the entries thread, just as soon as I find the Asprin.....met up with an old friend from school last night, whom I havent seen in 15yrs, for a few Shandy's..........Well 15yrs of catching up = a lot of Shandy's..... :dance:

Alka Seltzer is the thing you need!

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on October 20, 2012, 07:05:53 PM
Interesting theme. Got a pewter beer tankard with a glass bottom somewhere!

Me too, always disappointing to get to the glass part.  :beer: :beer:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Matthew

Hi George and welcome to the competition....cheers for your entry...I was getting worried.... :tup:

GeorgeH

Thanks you :) i've enjoyed watching these competitions for a while now and have finally decided to join in :)
I have come, to play.

loveclose

For better or worse, I've posted one up. Hope I've done it right - not done this before!!
The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's ok with everyone else.....

Reinardina

Thank goodness, I don't have to rely on my back up, indoor, 'metal and glass' shot.
I took this shot earlier in the week, not specifically for the competition, and went back to town today, as the sun is out, and to check that the window frames are metal. Thank goodness they are.
So I'm in with a bit of a social study: Why do men prefer to wait in front of a window full of sexy lingerie, but studiously look 'the other way'?

Matthew

Liking the shot of the SS Sir Walter Scott, SimonW......I do like a boat shot. Your entry is fine Loveclose, some nice out the box thinking there.

Matthew

.....forgot to add, still thinking what to do for mine....... :uglystupid2:

Reinardina

Matthew, nothing to say about my entry? So far you've said something to everyone who entered, apart from me! I'm feeling left out.
Is it cos I'm a woman, or is my observation too close for comfort?   ;D

Matthew

Aww, sorry Reinardina.....I do like your shot too. I didn't mention anything because I myself am guilty of that particular thing of standing in front of a window like that and looking the other way.....partly because my Wife is in the shop....haha! ;D

I am intrigued though, how did you test to see if the window frames were metal?.... ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.