• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 66
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

The Comedians

Started by Graham, November 01, 2013, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

I mentioned a while back the I'd been asked to photograph some of the comedians who were appearing at my local venue.
  Here's some of the results.

(10 bonus points if you can name them.  :) )

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

It's easy to see why they hired you.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Yes - can name all those. Nice set. What rules dfo they set for comedians - first 5 jokes and no flash or until they make you the subject of their next joke?  ;)

ABERS

At a guess are they all named G. Whitmore? There's one that I first thought was Alexi Sayle, I have no idea who the others are.

There's a complete dearth of really funny people about these days, the few that appear on TV seem to resort to shouting or think that profanity is funny.

Great pictures nevertheless. :tup:

jinky

Not had the challenge so I`ll claim my 10 oints
1. Ardal O` Hanlon
2. Alexi Sayle - I think though not seen him for a while
3. Stephen K Amos
4. Sean Hughes
5. Ed Byrne
6. Rob Becket I think his name is - toothy cockney guy I`ve seen on Russell Howard

You cannot watch as many Mock the weeks and comedy shows as me without picking  them up. Must admit current favourites are Sean Lock, Lee Mack and David Mitchell though.

I claim my prize - I think...

Graham

Ten fat juicey points to The Jinkster"!  :tup:

Yes, sorry about the hideous copyright notice, I copied them from the set I have for emailing, I could have done a new set for here.
   It's been much easier to get accreditation than I thought it would. I'ts quite easy to build up trust with promoters, agents, managers and so on once they see you're confident and know how to behave.
   I will confess to getting a bit more tongue tied than usual when speaking to them before they go on, but I'm getting better at it.
   They've all been generous so far and a special mention for Ed Byrne, who whenever he came to "My" side of the stage, looked straight into my lens, effectively giving me the picture.

Alan. I do know what you mean about the shouty sweary thing. There are those that use it wisely and to good effect (Alexei Sayle) and those who use it for a cheep and empty laugh.
   By the way, I believe Tommy Trinder's "back on the boards"!  :)

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on November 01, 2013, 05:34:26 PM

Yes apparently so, he's teaming up with Arthur Askey and Kenneth Horne and Hilda Baker will make the odd guest appearance. :dance:

Jediboy

Great photos. Well done.
I recognised a few but couldn't name any of them
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on November 01, 2013, 06:22:06 PM
Quote from: Graham on November 01, 2013, 05:34:26 PM

Yes apparently so, he's teaming up with Arthur Askey and Kenneth Horne and Hilda Baker will make the odd guest appearance. :dance:

Oh! Will that include Julian and Sandy - nice boys!  :-*

Cracking set of shots Graham.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.