• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 150
  • Total: 150
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

I won a cameraaaaaaa :D

Started by guest4, February 05, 2008, 08:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4

I won a Samsung GX-10 off Digital SLR User magazine. I entered their Samsung Challenge with a set of pics from London. They sent me off to do a shoot of St Pancras Station and thats whats going to be in the mag which should be out this Thursday.

You might remember I was being a bit cagey about waiting for a parcel a couple of weeks ago, well it was the camera turning up. Obvv wasn't supposed to tell anyone until the mag came out but apparently their subscribers have all got theirs so I can shout it from the rooftops  ;D

Its a bloody good camera as well. Weather sealed, 10MP, controls all nicely laid out. Haven't really decided whether its better pic quality than me Oly but it does have better high ISO performance. Not really a fair comparison between the two though, the Samsung is a newer model and was always a price point above the E500.

So what to do? Which one to keep? Sell both and get an E3?

Mick

Andy, that's fantastic news m8, congratulations.

Sell em both and get a Canon.  :D
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

guest4

CANON? Bleurgh!  ;D If I ventured off the true path I might possibly go for a D300...

Mick

Quote from: veggiesosage on February 05, 2008, 08:50:38 PM
CANON? Bleurgh!  ;D If I ventured off the true path I might possibly go for a D300...

Might have to press the report post button for that sort of language,   :pointr: D300 Pah, spit, hiss.  :D
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

raist

well done and grats, nice problem to resolve  :)

guest4

Quote from: admin on February 05, 2008, 08:56:41 PM

Might have to press the report post button for that sort of language,   :pointr: D300 Pah, spit, hiss.  :D

:2funny:

Carlj

Congrats and change that avatar - like watching a cut scene from the Exorcist  :2funny:

Simple

Congrats,
The Samsung is a nice camera, I had to teach someone how to use it, so I went through the manual several times. The most amazing thing is the flexibility of all the settings. Literally ALL settings can be altered in camera, and the Saturation,Sharpness and Contrast are easy to change for each event. I am quite impressed with that camera. (I have been teaching people to use cameras for a couple of years and have done every make and type, including D200's and 40D's) That Samsung is not a bad camera at all.

vxisme

Congrats, look forward to the mag coming mate, well done.
Donny  My Gallery

guest4

Thanks chaps. Yeah its a good'un. Mag is out now, March issue of 'Digital SLR User' magazine, pp 44-45 (not that I remember these things  ;D). I'm quite pleased with how its come out, they picked the shots I would have picked too which is quite pleasing.

Jonathan

Wow - cool!

Smasungs are pretty nice bits of kit.  Bet you're dead chuffed.   :D
It's Guest's round

guest4

Certainly am  ;D I'm certainly enjoying using it. Just need someone to invent a four thirds to Pentax fit adaptor. Think I'll be waiting a long time for that one...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.