• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 172
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 172
  • Total: 172
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

QOTD October 25th - filters

Started by spikeyjen, October 24, 2013, 11:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

Do you use any filters? What are you 'go to' filters?

Do you have a fader or 10 stopper, and what do you think of them?

jinky

I`ve a variable nd which works well (7 day shop) and a 10 stop I rarely use but aim too in next couple of weeks. Other than that never use filters - though have afew.

Hinfrance

I have a set of graduated and neutral filters, medium quality brand the name of which I forget. Last used any of them about 3 years ago. I also have a couple of CPLs, but again, they are rarely used.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

I have 100 mm graduated ND filters and a 10 stop from Hitech/Formatt. I have a cheapo screw on variable ND filter (basically two CPL contrasting each other) that is only good for a couple of stops.  It was cheap from Amazon.  I also have a Hoya CPL. 

Paul Montgomery

Grad ND and a polariser - thats all I ever use.
Hot a grad tobacco filter as part of a set too - never use it though..

Jediboy

I've not used my filters much recently. Should do though.
I've been really enjoyed experimenting with my IR filter which can produce some great results, and also my 10 stop ND.
I like the effects these give
May the Force be with you.

Chris

ABERS

There's a couple rattling around in a drawer somewhere, a polariser and a graduated. However as soon as I started using L/room I realised the graduated filter was redundant and that there were a range of B+W filter effects available. Haven't found a filter on L/room that enables the 'milky water' view, which by the way seems to have fallen out of fashion lately and to which I never subscribed, but I'm sure it's possible to replicate the effect of a 10 stop filter somehow in either L/room or PS.

If anybody knows how, let us know please.

Reinardina

I have not used my polariser and ND filters for years.

I use only very basic equipment.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.