• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 252
  • Total: 252
  • Google
  • Bingbot
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Evening all

Started by michaelb104, September 21, 2009, 09:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

Just thought I'd say hello.

I'm a Sony user and very much a beginner, I entered in the weekly comp over on DCM to try and help me get better, I've been entering in the Flickr version since the DCM site closed.

I recognise a few of you over here from DCM – hello.

I thought that PR would be a bigger and better version of the old DCM site (which I thought was friendly and helpful) but to me PR seems a bit corporate at the moment – it might get better.......but then again.

Right must get on.

Mike.
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

anglefire

Welcome Mike, PR just doesn't feel right to me. This is far better, with alot, as you've already seen, over here!

Lots of experience on here too, all sorts of different levels.

And as I say on DPG (Another forum that I'm mod on), the only stupid question is the one thats not asked!!  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Hi michaelb104 and welcome.  ;D

Don't worry you not the only Sony/Minolta user on here. I even got a Minolta RD3000 camera and three lenses.  ;D

greypoint

picsfor

Welcome - much more like DCM of old but without the bitterness.
No one owns "only a ..." (unless it's a Nikon  ;D) on this site.

We were all beginners once and many of us are still learning.

oRGie

michaelb104

Thanks for the welcome all  :)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

irv_b

Hi  Micheal welcome you are now in the happy zone so enjoy :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Hybridphotog

Hi Mike.

PR went "up itself" before its official launch. The people behind the scenes there are too scared of being slightly un-PC, and don't want anything controversial. Hence, PR became a sterile environment, with certain admin/mods demanding the users don't post any "We hate PR" threads, regardless of a section being dedicated to "We love PR" posts.

DMT actually pointed out the new T&C's to me. One section being theft of "intellectual property" (site HTML code). Whoever wants to nick such a mess of code... they want their head seeing to (yeah, the site *still* doesn't render correctly... in fact it's gone worse, regardless of a fix being a few minutes work)! As for banning ad-blockers, PR really are having a laugh.

Welcome to a proper forum. :)

Mick

Hi Mike, and welcome to CC.  :tup:

Hope you find your way around this place without problem.  Just shout if you have any issues, or ideas.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Nice to  see you here Mike.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

krennon

Yep welcome Mike I'm another SONY user (A350) still finding my way around it but am enjoying it immensely...
Great site here (like you say bit more like DCM when I first joined it 2 odd years ago)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

DaveB

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.