• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Baidu
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Google (stolen) Image Search found 37 of mine

Started by Just Dave, July 02, 2011, 09:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dave

Hi

Found out about the new Google Image Search Feature,

So far Ive found 37 of my images that have been stolen now, its beyond a joke, its a full time job finding out contact emails, many of the sites are travel, travel agents, sports, although I dont do sports so why they used my images I no ideas, newspapers, fruit merchants, and many more, I even found one that someone had used it for a diploma course in the USA, and now their website they are professional wedding and portrait photographers, thats besides the multitude of blogs Ive found using my images,

Ive spent all afternoon and night yesterday, most of the morning and nearly all afternoon today and probably tonight as well, I think I'll need to take an assistant soon Clicky Linky  to my blog

How to search find the image you want to search for, in a new window, then from a separate window click google then Image, drag your image into the search bar and off google goes looking for images that match yours, see image below

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Just Dave

It works great as well, all I need do now is write a letter and send my invoices out, and see what happens
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

spinner

Just out of curiosity, as I may have missed a part of the story here, what made you look in the first place?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Just Dave

Hi

because its the new tool and I thought Id try it out on a  few of my images I thought worthy of use to someone else

Mick

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Just Dave

Hi

Its a great tool,

#1 no credit
#2 posted by Towelie is that you
#3 posted by  regineadmin   is that you
#4 cheeky gits they've put their logo on it  no  credit
#5 no credit

Blog sites Ive just been asking for a credit or for the image ro be removed

Commercial sites send them an unauthorised use and an invoice if they wish to continue to use your image.
why should they get away with using our images for nothing no one gave us our cameras, paid for us to go to get the shots in the first place, we had to pay so should they especially if their making cash of our images

Dave

Just Dave

I just did a quick search of your image its on lots of sites facebook,blogs.forums,

alan1572

would take a bit of time to check all of your good ones but worth it
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Beaux Reflets

Yet to find one of mine being used.

I agree those that are using other's images should sort things out.

1. It is only polite to ask the originator, photographer.

2. Blog or commercial use makes no difference, at the end of the day, without permission of use it is quite simply theft  :knuppel2: although I guess these 'users' may argue that without a © mark on the pictures they assumed it to be in the public domain and therefore free for one and all.

3. Send them all a big bill, along with terms and conditions so you can claim interest on unpaid invoices.

4. It is about time that the ISP's assisted by agreeing to provide sufficient details to enable legal action where sites are not disclosing true addresses online.

Thanks for the link Dave, I will keep checking on some of mine although I hope the © symbol has put a few off, or mine just aint worth nicking  :-\ :tup:.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

rksmith51

Quote from: Just Dave on July 02, 2011, 09:06:04 PM
Hi

Found out about the new Google Image Search Feature,

So far Ive found 37 of my images that have been stolen now, its beyond a joke, its a full time job finding out contact emails, many of the sites are travel, travel agents, sports, although I dont do sports so why they used my images I no ideas, newspapers, fruit merchants, and many more, I even found one that someone had used it for a diploma course in the USA, and now their website they are professional wedding and portrait photographers, thats besides the multitude of blogs Ive found using my images,

Ive spent all afternoon and night yesterday, most of the morning and nearly all afternoon today and probably tonight as well, I think I'll need to take an assistant soon Clicky Linky  to my blog

How to search find the image you want to search for, in a new window, then from a separate window click google then Image, drag your image into the search bar and off google goes looking for images that match yours, see image below

Dave

I don't think my sofa is facing north  :D I don't get it, can you explane how to search one more.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Mick

Bob, this doesn't seem to work in IE8. so I used Firefox.  What I did. Open a window in firefox, and browsed to one of my pics in the gallery, clicked the thumb to open it to intermediate size.

Grab the side of that window to make it half width of your screen.

Open a new window in firefox, (not a new tab)  and go to google, click images.  Drag this window half width of your screen.  Then drag the image you opened into the image search on the other page.  Fingers crossed it'll work.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

rksmith51

rksmith51

Quote from: rksmith51 on July 03, 2011, 04:55:58 PM
AHH thanks Mick, I'll try Firefox now  :)

I'm shocked at how many have been just used by people in their bolgs Etc

Beaux Reflets

Please note !! I am very careful to only submit my photographs onto the Internet with © and my name. (The only time this has not been done is when I have uploaded an image into a competition without such marks at the request of the competition organisation).

Fortunately this particular pic has only been in two competitions. The first one being run by Future / PhotoRadar and I have already noted that this was, is indeed the source because of the wording and date on all the many blog websites.  :knuppel2:

Interesting to see my Antics piccy of the ant on the bracken furl is on quite a few sites that physically means that the competition organisation are not looking after my property in the manner they express in their rules.

Time to dig deeper and sort this breach of my © property.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.