• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 114
  • Total: 114
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: skellum ( Dave ) on October 28, 2009, 07:10:40 PM
I went into Preston today and noticed this place had just opened.

These people really wind me up ! ............ :legit:

Then don't ever move to the States, or a Canadian border town where they get U.S. TV. The lawyer adverts are mind numbing. And they all have their speciality. Car accident? call so & so. Have or had a family member suffer from (insert malady here) call so & so.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

skellum

I just see them as people out to make money out of nothing or anyone. They are as  much use to society as a chocolate fire guard . And our insurance policies go up because of this scum.....plus its yet another "Americanism"..... >:( >:( >:(    Rant over... for now.

Hinfrance

I had an email in one of my inboxes this morning claiming to be be password reset message from Farcebook, sorry Facebook. That email address does not have a farcebook account connected to it, so it is obviously spam/phishing.

So I think to myself I'll just let farcebook have a copy of this. Is there a 'contact us' link anywhere on their stupid site? Well, if there is it is so well hidden that I couldn't find it. After 5 minutes of struggling through page after page of utterly useless 'help' topics on 'report' 'spam' 'phishing' 'account' etc, all simply stating the bl**din obvious and with no contact links, I gave up.

I'm with Dave on the ambulance chasers. I reckon the intrinsic health of a society can be judged in part by the ratio of lawyers to laymen. The more lawyers there are, as a rule, the more disfunctional the society is.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

magicrhodes

Quote from: skellum ( Dave ) on October 29, 2009, 01:14:10 AM
I just see them as people out to make money out of nothing or anyone. They are as  much use to society as a chocolate fire guard . And our insurance policies go up because of this scum.....plus its yet another "Americanism"..... >:( >:( >:(    Rant over... for now.

There was a great moment in The Simpsons when Barts says "I want to be a lawyer" and Lionel Hutz says "thats great son if there is one thing America needs it is more lawyers, can you imagine a world with out lawyers" cut to a segway of all the world holding hands and smiling! Enough said really. I have a mate who is lawyer who defends companies against PI claims, he is very busy!

oRGie

Quote from: Tringle WP on October 29, 2009, 07:42:40 AM
I had an email in one of my inboxes this morning claiming to be be password reset message from Farcebook, sorry Facebook. That email address does not have a farcebook account connected to it, so it is obviously spam/phishing.

So I think to myself I'll just let farcebook have a copy of this. Is there a 'contact us' link anywhere on their stupid site? Well, if there is it is so well hidden that I couldn't find it. After 5 minutes of struggling through page after page of utterly useless 'help' topics on 'report' 'spam' 'phishing' 'account' etc, all simply stating the bl**din obvious and with no contact links, I gave up.

I'm with Dave on the ambulance chasers. I reckon the intrinsic health of a society can be judged in part by the ratio of lawyers to laymen. The more lawyers there are, as a rule, the more disfunctional the society is.

I used to try and forward banking scam emails to the banks so they could try and do something about them, same thing, took ages to find a way to report scam mail and did i ever get a reply, nada, not once, so i gave up too...

spinner

Quote from: oRGie on October 29, 2009, 09:52:34 AM

I went through the same thing a couple weeks back with two online gaming sites, where someone had used my email address to set up accounts. Don't have any kids at home and I found out the person claimed to live in San Jose Calif. One site was no problem finding the contact infor and when I reported it they were quite quick to reply. The other site had absolutely nothing. And it wasn't some minor upstart company, it was one of the major gaming businesses.
I used to try and forward banking scam emails to the banks so they could try and do something about them, same thing, took ages to find a way to report scam mail and did i ever get a reply, nada, not once, so i gave up too...
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

I don't know what Parliament in Britain looks like, but the majority of MP's in the Canadian Parliament are lawyers. I'm convinced they create laws so that only lawyers can understand them and only lawyers can benefit from them.
Ol' blue eyes

greypoint

Our parliament is full of lawyers too - although we also have a swathe of younger MPs who've never done a job other than politics, starting as research assistants etc. The cry often goes up that they have no life experience in the real world outside Westminster. Probably explains a lot of the current expenses scandals 8)

CML-1591

RAW files from the 5D mark II won't show in lightroom, they show the images when it connects and asks to import then but after that they don't show...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Al Birmingham

You have the latest version right? v2.5?

If so, have a look in your preferences and check all is as it should be in there
Al Birmingham

CML-1591

Quote from: Al Birmingham on October 31, 2009, 07:25:53 PM
You have the latest version right? v2.5?

If so, have a look in your preferences and check all is as it should be in there

Thanks Al, though I thought of that soon after posting and it all works now lol. Thanks any who...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

greypoint

...being driven mad by constant use of the word [sort of] tog......is'nt that how you classify duvets?

picsfor

Quote from: CML-1591 on October 31, 2009, 07:16:31 PM
RAW files from the 5D mark II won't show in lightroom,

Are you in Lightroom - or Lightroom 2?

In Lightroom 2 they've been viewable since i got mine in June. In fact i've never used anything else on them. I think it was 2.3 at the time but certainly should have no issues.

alan1572

working outside today...it's raining.
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

CML-1591

Quote from: picsfor on November 03, 2009, 08:12:39 AM
Quote from: CML-1591 on October 31, 2009, 07:16:31 PM
RAW files from the 5D mark II won't show in lightroom,

Are you in Lightroom - or Lightroom 2?

In Lightroom 2 they've been viewable since i got mine in June. In fact i've never used anything else on them. I think it was 2.3 at the time but certainly should have no issues.

2.0 but i downloaded the 2.5 update and all is fine now...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.