• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 152
  • Total: 152
  • Google
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Quote from: Sarasocke on September 20, 2010, 10:43:04 AM
As long as the artists name is on the painting, no problem.

Yeah that's true.  I'd be upset if somebody had broken a work of art out of its frame and added a nasty plastic one to it..... :)

I'd say she just didn't think - but then why go to the effort of removing all the watermarks?  That's a long tedious job (unless you're a whizz with Lightroom or Mogrify...).

BTW did they really weld some wine into a frame and then have to cut it out?  You Germans are crazy....
It's Guest's round

Sarasocke

She didn't remove the watermarks, she took the originals which I'd sent her on DVD.

Wasn't the Germans, it was the Swiss  :legit:

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

rksmith51

I can't get any EXIF data but when I click more info there is some settings data given, have you set the copyright info in the camera settings ?. I think I would be annoyed to, could be even worse if they try selling prints of them. I already agreed I would give a copy of the images to the couple I'm shooting March next year.

As an aside I bought a copy of "Wedding Photography a guide to posing " by Oliver-Cameron its very good and covers much more than just posing, it advises how to procede right from the clients first meeting and the models are not all size 12, its a great read.

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

spinner

My Tamron 200-400 mm lens is starting to grind when I turn the camera on or off. Not sure if it's worth fixing, but can't find an inexpensive replacement. Fortunately the recognized Tamron repair facility isn't too far away.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Sarasocke

@ Bob
I doubt they'll be selling prints. I didn't have the copyright info in the settings, but I do now.
I'll just put it down to experience and I'll know better next time.

@ Spinner
A grinding lense sounds like fingernails on a blackboard. Hope you can get it fixed.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

spinner

Quote from: Sarasocke on September 21, 2010, 10:05:31 PM
@ Spinner
A grinding lense sounds like fingernails on a blackboard. Hope you can get it fixed.

Every time I heard it I couldn't help but imagine all these little gear teeth grinding off.  :(

Oh, and Carol, I really like the balloon sequence.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jonathan

Skoda.  And the RAC.

At 4pm I rang the RAC to try to get them to move my car from the garage they recommended to the garage that can actually fix it.

I've been on the phone ever since.  At 6pm they told me that I need to speak to customer services.  "Yes, I've been trying to speak to them since 4 - could you put me through?"  No, they went home at 5 - try tomorrow.

Gee thanks.  In the meantime shall I just walk everywhere?
It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

How did you manage to break a Skoda? What kind of animal are you?

Actually we broke ours once - hit a block of ice the size of a rugby ball at 80mph and knocked a hole in the sump. Watched the dials and listened intently to the engine afterwards, it seemed fine; it wasn't until we got to a toll booth in Toulouse 100 miles further on and had to stop that all the oil fell out of the motor and we had to call the recovery truck.

The conversation between the garage and the recovery firm was quite amusing, with the latter repeatedly demanding that the garage fix it by tea time and the mechanic trying to explain that it would actually take a few days just to get a new sump, let alone fit it.

What I learned is that a Vauxhall Meriva is no substitute for an Octavia estate.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jonathan

Apparently the ECU is dead.  Without that it just won't turn on (unless you inject fuel directly into some bit or other....).

This is on a car that's less than 4 years old that was traded in 2 months ago but the new one is delayed.  Can't wait to discuss with the garage who will pay the £2 - 3K to get it fixed.

>> What I learned is that a Vauxhall Meriva is no substitute for an Octavia estate.

Trust me.  Neither is a Renault Megane.  Not by a long way.
It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I get nagged by the family to get down to the docs after wrestling with a nasty stomach bug for best part of 5 days and he tells me what I already know re: that - I`m on  the mend with that.
Then he tells me I have an "incisional hernia" which requires treatment of an op in hospital as soon as they can get me in. I had a strangulated hernia a few years ago where to be honest they made a bit of a mess -stitching me up badly - leaving me a pronounced scar after a bout of infection around it. This leaves a weakness in my abdominal muscle evidently that can rupture again and that`s what`s happened, some years after the surgery rather than the 3-6months it usually takes. I cannot believe how my body is falling apart at the moment! :(

rksmith51

Sorry to hear your news Jinky, I have two hernias too, but until they pop I'm staying well away from the hospital for the very reasons you mention. I'm 60 very soon and I too think that I'm going soft, I think if we keep going as hard as we can for as long as we can it may help fend of the ageing, its the shaking hands and sore joints etc that get me down mostly, that and the failing eyesight.... shoot me now !!
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Hinfrance

Wish you all the best with that jinky.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

irv_b

Best wishes from me to Jinky hope it's not to much of a pain for you
WAMT
Well yesterday we had a power cut in the street and when the electric was restored one of the computers wouldn't boot up so after several tries and plenty of swearing (I know nothing about computers) I phone the Mesh computer helpline  (in India) get passed around 3 depts to be told I need a total restore of windows. 2 and a bit hours later at £2 /min  :o we finally get the computer back on - I may as well of spent another couple of hundred quid gone out and bought a brand new one at that cost  >:(
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.