• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: magicrhodes on December 01, 2009, 09:17:08 AM
Beautiful morning ruined by having to go to work!  >:( >:( >:(

You missed nothing as thin clouds veiled the sun after a cracking sunrise.  :(

Sarasocke

This cough's driving me nuts. Called my GP and was told that they couldn't do more for me than I'm already doing. Oh yeah .. and these coughs can go on for 3-4 weeks at the moment.
???
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

skellum

Royal Bank of Scotland.....( A load of Bankers )...........Why don't we accept their resignations and get someone to run the bank properly.... :legit:

picsfor

I am writing to them and telling them - as a share holder - that i will be voting against offering bonuses.
As Vince Cable has said - there a plenty of qualified and well moraled people in the City just waiting for the opportunity to show what they can do and on a lower wage!

Hinfrance

A rising tide floats all boats, and this tide has risen on the back of public rescue money. None of them should get any bonus at all for at least two years, and then only if they can demonstrate that they have beaten the market for their employers and shareholders.

So if they get annoyed about not having their greed satisfied, where exactly are they going to go to get more?

If your employees' sole motivation is their paycheck then you are headed for disaster - which is precisely where this practice ended up last time. The lesson should have been learned - their bonus should be modest, in locked in shares subject to a claw back after five years for any deals that have gone sour. If they are so confident that they're so clever, this shouldn't bother them . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

greypoint

Twas ever thus. Those at the top already earning more in a year than many of us will earn in a lifetime [or at least a good part of a lifetime!] need even more to reward and motivate them. Those at the bottom who complain are told there's plenty more out there who want your job if you're not satisfied. If only they could be made to pay back for the times they don't succeed...but it does'nt seem to work that way :-\ Heads they win tails we lose.

spinner

I recall during the great Enron scandal that a Psychiatrist in the U.S. claimed he had created a test which could determine if a person was a sociopath. He went on to claim that based on his studies he was confident in stating that most CEO's of large U.S. corporations were in fact sociopaths, I would suspect the same could be said for CEO's all over the world.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

irv_b

WAMT......
Not being able to get the balance right of going out and taking keepable shots and just taking pics for the sake of it  :(
Going to work and coming home in the dark don't help :( :(
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

Quote from: irv_b on December 04, 2009, 10:56:50 PM
WAMT......
Not being able to get the balance right of going out and taking keepable shots and just taking pics for the sake of it  :(

The more pictures you take the better you become about deciding which is worth taking and which isn't. If you didn't take pictures for the sake of it then you might not take any pictures at all.  ;D

As for the going to work and coming home in the dark, try opening your eyes!  :2funny: :2funny: :legit:

irv_b

Quote from: Oldboy on December 04, 2009, 11:30:49 PM
Quote from: irv_b on December 04, 2009, 10:56:50 PM
WAMT......
Not being able to get the balance right of going out and taking keepable shots and just taking pics for the sake of it  :(

The more pictures you take the better you become about deciding which is worth taking and which isn't. If you didn't take pictures for the sake of it then you might not take any pictures at all.  ;D

As for the going to work and coming home in the dark, try opening your eyes!  :2funny: :2funny: :legit:
But surely we take picture for the pleasure of it not for the sake of it?
Thanks for the heads up on the eye opening tip :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

oRGie

he's a funny man  :2funny: :2funny:  8)  :2funny:

Sounds like you need a break Irv ;)    take the missus for a weekend away or even just a day out from the grind..  sea air usually helps and lots of piccy opportunities, but dont go for that, just let that happen naturally :)

spinner

Quote from: oRGie on December 05, 2009, 12:05:36 AM

Sounds like you need a break Irv ;)    take the missus for a weekend away or even just a day out from the grind..  sea air usually helps and lots of piccy opportunities, but dont go for that, just let that happen naturally :)

Are you talking photography or....you know.....the other. :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

anglefire

Quote from: spinner on December 05, 2009, 12:22:13 AM

The other? He's Married, so it won't be that!  ;D
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

Quote from: anglefire on December 05, 2009, 07:24:46 AM
Quote from: spinner on December 05, 2009, 12:22:13 AM

The other? He's Married, so it won't be that!  ;D

Though i believe he's very good with plumbing!  ::)

chris@seary.com

Quote from: chris@seary.com on November 23, 2009, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: magicrhodes on November 23, 2009, 12:31:19 PM
Quote from: chris@seary.com on November 23, 2009, 11:17:34 AM
Jordan and bush tucker trials.

So the public voted for her to do all the bushticker trials, even though she pleaded in tears for them not to?

So I wonder where all these schoolkids get the ideas for bullying their classmates via mobile text messages.....

People can be crap. Why does someone have to be kicked like this when they're down?

If you sell your entire life to make money and fame don't think you can turn it off when it suits you. She is reaping excatly what she has sown. Katie Price created Jordan to make money, she has created high profile personna when things were good she wanted all the publicity she could get, but with that came a darker side which showed all her flaws... The lesson we should be teaching girls who "aspire" to this life is not a new one..... be very careful what you wish for.....

Can't help thinking that people's impressions of her relate to her accent....

Certain people in the public eye can do what they want, as long they as they have what British people refer to as 'class':
http://www.johannhari.com/2009/09/25/can-we-finally-see-the-truth-about-the-vile-queen-mother-

Further to what I was saying before....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8397664.stm

I can't believe the nerve of this dysfunctional family!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.