• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70
  • Bingbot
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

It's only me...

Started by Wiccy, November 15, 2009, 10:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiccy

Hi all I'm Lou from Suffolk.

I'm a self taught photography enthusiast, who has spent the last few years shooting anything that moves, but preferring that which doesn't.  ;)

I'm currently using a Canon EOS 400D mostly with a 50mm prime, and Adobe Photoshop CS3 for post processing. 

I can't wait to get into the galleries and forums here, learn more and meet some new people.  :D

Oldboy

greypoint

Wiccy

Jan Hagen

Hello Wiccy/ Lou

Welcome to CC, hope you'll like it and stay on.
I'm sure! Nice gang here, active and friendly, and last but not least - they're all inspirational.
Looking forward to your pictures.

Cheers - Jan

Wiccy

Thankyou for the kind welcome Jan.   :)

I have spent the past year or so using Flickr as my main photo site, so I'm looking forward to sharing my photos and learning more in a close knit community. From what I have read here so far, you all seem like friendly people (with lovely cameras that give me green eyes)  ;)

picsfor

Welcome Lou,

so which part of Suffolk? Me, i' originally from Ipswich.

Hope you enjoy it here, plenty of encouragement and chance to enjoy your hobby.

Wiccy

Hi Andrew and thanks. I'm in a village just on the edge of Lowestoft. The town of Lowestoft itself is a dreary old place, but I usually head into the countryside which is beautiful.... if a little flat!

I've not really visited Ipswich much, but the photo club I just joined has a three way battle between Ipswich, Norwich and Lowestoft on Wednesday night. Apparently Ipswich almost always win!

picsfor

Lowestoft dreary? Isn't that where you go for crabs? :-)

As you say some quite stunning views to be had inland a bit- though i always enjoy the Somerleyton to Reedham area.
Just not close enough to make the trip very often - and never got the chance when i lived up Ipswich way.
Done the usual, Kessingland, Beccles, Bungay and that awful theme park (can't remember its name) and then on up to Gt Yarmouth and beyond following the coast round to Sherringham etc.

As for Ipswich always winning - you need to be negotiating a win or to for support. Norwich losing is fine - but your lot have to have a share of the Suffolk spoils :-)

So, should see some familiar looking piccies hopefully...

oRGie

Mick

Hi Lou, and welcome to CC.  :tup:

Glad we finally sorted the registration problems.   :doh:  :legit:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

irv_b

Hi Lou and welcome to the friendliest  photo community you could wish to meet :beer:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.