• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 82
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 61
  • Total: 61
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

CHAT: THE BEST IN SHOW

Started by ABERS, August 18, 2013, 07:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Went out this evening for a go at a sunset.
Tried the other night for stars, but all I could see was clouds.

So I'm in with Sunset over Sywell.

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Still in doubt. Working on the Madonna now.

Alan, you started something!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Nothing at all from me this week. Not had the camera out at all for a week.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on August 26, 2013, 08:43:47 AM

You can't be serious! Not even once?

Jediboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on August 26, 2013, 08:43:47 AM

That's not like you Chris.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

spikeyjen

Yep, I'm out this weekend too... too busy, too sick and no inspiration at hand (might have to look for it). I've not had my camera out either, Chris!!!
I'm off for a holiday in a fortnight - I'm sure I'll find the mojo somewhere in the Australian outback!!

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on August 26, 2013, 08:13:30 AM

Well I hoped I would, but by recent posts it seems not enough to motivate people apart from the old stalwarts!

By leaving it an "open" competition I thought people would be encouraged to show their take on photography, rather than being pointed in a particular direction.

Taking photographs is the easy part, selecting from what you have to offer up for selection in an exhibition can be very perplexing. :-\

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 26, 2013, 10:29:49 AM

Well I hoped I would, but by recent posts it seems not enough to motivate people apart from the old stalwarts!

By leaving it an "open" competition I thought people would be encouraged to show their take on photography, rather than being pointed in a particular direction.

Taking photographs is the easy part, selecting from what you have to offer up for selection in an exhibition can be very perplexing. :-\

If they're all like me, and don't know what they're doing, or cannot make up their mind, it may be simply that they have not got the time to spend! I'm in the lucky position, at least this week, that I could, and did, spend an enormous amount of time on this particular competition.

But, I would have expected more people to enter, as we're all in the habit of regularly taking photographs. And not everyone can be as 'dithery' as I!

I've changed my mind again, and have now entered my 'Madonna.' (Without child.)

And this is really it! I don't have more shots to work with, so the 'problem' solved itself. I'm now going to see if there is anything worthwhile to see at the fair.

This is my definite entry:

Madonna

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on August 26, 2013, 10:29:49 AM

Choosing a winning shot equally perplexing as the genre is wide  :)  :tup:

Sure one or two may still come in before the closing deadline

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

SimonW

I had to cover some bowling and rather liked this one: A Thirsty Game

But I also managed to catch a Vespa Rally so I'm in with one of those.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

ABERS

Not that I'm panicing (yet) but never having set up a POLL, I've been reading the instructions and having a dummy run, and I can't seem to find Graham's late entry in the place that all the others are, so that I can copy its code. What's up? :doh:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 26, 2013, 03:11:59 PM
Not that I'm panicing (yet) but never having set up a POLL, I've been reading the instructions and having a dummy run, and I can't seem to find Graham's late entry in the place that all the others are, so that I can copy its code. What's up? :doh:

This has come up in the past; I once couldn't find a picture and entered just the title, with a request in either the 'Shout' box, or the poll thread.
Normally a moderator manages to get it in the right place in the poll.

I only discovered it when I was setting the poll, you have a bit more time and can maybe pm Graham.

jinky

Nothing from me again. Just done some family shots and a wedding pre-shoot this week and been away down south visiting daughter so nothing that could be even close to be considered for best in show. Must get organised  :D

DigiDiva

It is so unlike me, not to get it out once in a whole week. But it's been out today, shot in only RAW for the 2st time (usually I do RAQW+JPEG but JPEG is a waste, as I don't even look at them now. Went to a place called Raby Castle - only did the house and gardens but I found a swallows next in a little pergola with at least 3 chicks. Mum was popping in every couple of minutes to feed them and I think I got so,m cracking shots but until u download, u can never tell!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

ABERS

Well we ended up with a double figure entry (eventually ;)). Apart from those that have made their apologies I must say I find that a little disappointing, given that the brief gave everyone a free rein.

I rarely enter, not because I can't be bothered, but because I don't think the format does anyone any favours. I only entered the "Umbrella" comp because we have an unusual brolly hanging in the hall. When it won I thought,"Now's the chance to see if a different format will work". Apparently it doesn't. I was expecting an entry to fill an exhibition hall!

Perhaps the word Exhibition was the wrong one, perhaps "Your Own Favourite Image of the Week" would have been better.

And then again perhaps there's only a dozen or so members that are competition orientated?  ???

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.