• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 133
  • Google
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

IE9 - carrying over shortcuts

Started by jinky, March 24, 2012, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

OK - I`m not interested in a challenge about MS / who is best etc. I have tended to use IE through it`s various phases and have to say despite all I have read on here and elsewhere never really had any issues. I have firefox and google chrome installed too and never quite got their layouts and felt more comfortable with IE until recently. Last 2 months I have had issues. Don`t know if it is windows 7, the fact that my wifi link can be flaky on my pc of choice or what but I get the web pages hitting problems, closing and re-opening and occasionally IE not working with particular online activities I do. eg I always use firfox when I rarely edit my website as it works better with that as advised by providers. Also recently having produced a photobook online I had issues ordering it / getting it out of my shopping basket and again had to switch to firefox to finally order it. Swap then I hear you say but I have a long stream of favourites in my IE favourites that I don`t want to copy again and transfer one by one to firefox. Is there a way of somehow bulk copying them and pasting to firefox. Indeed is firefox the way to go? Any thoughts welcomed.

Mick

I also confess to using IE9 as my default browser, and also not had any problems with it, except for copying and pasting code, which it messes up religiously.   ::)

Although I'm running windows 7 64bit, I use the 32bit version of IE9 as it never causes me problems.  The 64bit version did. Both versions are installed in windows 7.  Might be worth trying Jinky, if you haven't already.     

I have Firefox and Chrome installed too, and use these for testing, and moving code about.  Firefox also has some nice addons such as firebug, so finding and altering web code is made easier.  Chrome also has its own version built in, on a right click, "Inspect element"  Really handy.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Markulous

Occasionally use IE9 but in order of importance/usage for me:

FF
Chrome (as it loads faster than FF and I like being able to just type a search into the URL line!)
Maxthon 3 (but I still use 1 & 2 on occasion!)
Opera (and use exclusively on my phone)
IE9 (64 bit)
Safari (for compatability tests - as it's a non-intuitive POS)

I'd recommend whatever works for you but I personally like all the plugins/add-ons in FF (which is why it loads slower than Chrome!!) - these you might find useful if you want to stay with FF:
http://www.tidyfavorites.com/
or
http://www.iosart.com/firefox/plainoldfavorites/
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

jinky

Tried your tip Mick but same issues. Might try firefox for a while to check if it is my wifi that is the issue - I suspect it is. Any answers re: how to copy favourites over to another browser or do I have to load up and save again?

Mick

Quote from: jinky on March 25, 2012, 09:08:44 PM

Any answers re: how to copy favourites over to another browser or do I have to load up and save again?

Try,

Bookmarks > show all bookmarks > Import and Backup > Import data from another browser.

My Gallery

OpenSea

Beryl

I have Windows 7 64bit I5intel
What processor do you have ? It can make a difference.
I use 32 bit  and IE8 has messed up all the favcons on my PC. Chrome is so slow on some sites and firefox goes backwards.
I find IE the fastes but I can't be having  the wrong favicons . Every thing has to be correct. I have a slight OCD prob and am dyslexic (hence my gobbledygook some times  ::))
I tried Opera but I can't bring up several web pages at once in that it is very fast though
So am stuck with the slow Chrom. It's not to bad 
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Mick

Quote from: Beryl on March 25, 2012, 11:13:45 PM
I have Windows 7 64bit I5intel
What processor do you have ? It can make a difference.
I use 32 bit  and IE8 has messed up all the favcons on my PC. Chrome is so slow on some sites and firefox goes backwards.
I find IE the fastes but I can't be having  the wrong favicons . Every thing has to be correct. I have a slight OCD prob and am dyslexic (hence my gobbledygook some times  ::))
I tried Opera but I can't bring up several web pages at once in that it is very fast though
So am stuck with the slow Chrom. It's not to bad

Got yourself in a bit of a muddle there Beryl, by the sound of it.

What happened to using IE9, I thought you got it working a while back.  I still use IE8 on my old PC, but never had a problem with favicons etc.  Are you saying it's displaying the wrong favicons for various sites?

And what do you mean when you said  " and firefox goes backwards"  lol..  ???

My Gallery

OpenSea

Beryl

I don't like IE 9

I went back to IE 8 and it was fine till it started getting the favicons mixed up
Yes  it  does display the wrong favicons for most of the sites

If you Google  'IE is messing up the favicones'  you will see loads of peeps are saying the same thing

Firefox for me is so slow  it almost goes backwards. That's what I meant and others are saying the same

My Web site

Hinfrance

Beryl, with Opera you can bring up as many pages as you want, and you can tile or cascade them as you wish.

It might be worth logging on to the Opera Community site and looking at some of the help topics. Or try 'opera features' under the 'opera software' bookmark folder - if you cannot see the bookmark panel 'F4' and click on the five pointed star symbol or the dropdown menu to select bookmarks if it is currently showing something else.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beryl

Yes I think they come up in cascade. My son did it for me and i have forgotten how it's done . Going away tomorrow to my eldest Son's .He pretty good with all this . I guess it's getting used to some thing new

My Web site

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.