• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 75
  • Total: 75
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

At Work - weekly competition 27th May - 2nd June CHAT

Started by jinky, May 25, 2013, 10:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Weekly competition 27th May to 2nd June:    AT WORK :     CHAT

CHAT HERE PLEASE

As I have a lot on this weekend and don`t want to forget - an early setting of the competition. This week's topic for the competition is...

AT WORK

Some self professed American expert on Linked In - where I have a profile but never update it  and rarely use / read it tells me that he would never book photographers who don`t have a picture of themselves at work as their avatar. Suitably challenged and aiming to get him to book me for a gig in California I have decided that I must get a self portrait if possible of me "ar work" . I want you to do the same and get an image bot necessarily of you but of anyone "at work".

Absolutely no restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 27th May 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 2nd June  2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 3rd June 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 4th June 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 8th June 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Setting the Poll: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.msg37211;topicseen#new

Reinardina

I shot several people at work in the past week; there seem to be more in Winchester than in Southampton. And plenty of photographers, both professional and tourists.
I'll have to go out and find some more now. Would be lovely if I could find something different. Hope the weather holds, otherwise it might be a selfie of me, or hubby, peeling potatoes.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

'Fraid this is probably a no can do here in La Belle. I don't do self portraits and I would need a written release from anyone else to post an image that was specifically of them. 'Course, if I can find a bunch of people at work and the picture is not centred on one person then it can be published.

France has some bl**dy stupid laws, but this one takes the biscuit.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 25, 2013, 01:54:03 PM
'Fraid this is probably a no can do here in La Belle. I don't do self portraits and I would need a written release from anyone else to post an image that was specifically of them. 'Course, if I can find a bunch of people at work and the picture is not centred on one person then it can be published.

France has some bl**dy stupid laws, but this one takes the biscuit.

No chain gangs where you live?

Or someone you know maybe? A car mechanic, hairdresser, or just a friend pretending to be one? A pair of hands fiddling with a car engine, or wielding scissors over someone's hair might do the trick without getting anyone 'in the picture.'

jinky

Come on H - bit of grey matter - not like you! :o You don`t even need a face in the shot to show work - hands, feet, backs anything goes.

Hinfrance

Don't worry, I'll think of something :)

Just having a rant at the illegality of most street photography here now. The real reason for the law was, of course, politicians wanting to avoid being caught out doing any one of the many things they do that they aren't supposed to.

Street photography was destroyed in the crossfire.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 25, 2013, 05:52:19 PM
Don't worry, I'll think of something :)

Just having a rant at the illegality of most street photography here now. The real reason for the law was, of course, politicians wanting to avoid being caught out doing any one of the many things they do that they aren't supposed to.

Street photography was destroyed in the crossfire.

I thought most of those things were tolerated in France? Or have they now gone beyond the 'bit on the side,' that has always been accepted?

Reinardina

Spent most of the day trying to catch someone at work. In the rain. Don't think any shot is good enough to enter. Have to try again.

jinky

Need a bit of cooperation from my target today for a plan.

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on May 29, 2013, 09:50:58 AM
Need a bit of cooperation from my target today for a plan.

A plan and a target! I never have either, happy go lucky is my method. Sometimes lucky.

jinky

Failed plan - my target, my dentist, didn`t want to play. Thoughts she`d feel guilty enough to go along with it for the hassle I`ve had recently but "not keen". back to the drawing board - ie get me or whatever presents itself in the next few days.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on May 25, 2013, 08:03:34 PM
Or have they now gone beyond the 'bit on the side,' that has always been accepted?

'Bit on the side?'  :-[ :o

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on May 29, 2013, 04:29:30 PM
Failed plan - my target, my dentist, didn`t want to play. Thoughts she`d feel guilty enough to go along with it for the hassle I`ve had recently but "not keen". back to the drawing board - ie get me or whatever presents itself in the next few days.

Now, if you had been a private patient!  :P :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on May 29, 2013, 05:38:30 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 25, 2013, 08:03:34 PM
Or have they now gone beyond the 'bit on the side,' that has always been accepted?

'Bit on the side?'  :-[ :o

Am I using the wrong expression again?
Maitresse better? Or second family?

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on May 29, 2013, 04:29:30 PM

How were you planning to do it anyway, with her and her torture implements in your mouth?

I'm not having much luck either. Shot many workers today, but not too sure of the quality of the shots. Maybe I should have a target and a plan.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.