• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 167
  • Total: 167
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Wedding Photography

Started by rksmith51, August 31, 2010, 01:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rksmith51

:) First practice wedding booking, I advertised on a free site offering my services for an expenses only fee. One person so far asked to see some of my work, now they want to pay me and have booked me for March, I have been very open with them and explained my situation. We meet next week at the venue to decide on shot locations and images required  :dance:

I have suggested that I also take some portrates of them there so that they can see my work first hand and that I will not be offended if they decide to look else where, so wish me luck guys I have a toe in the door and get to practice my people skills and my shooting technique and then a  :beer:.

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

irv_b

Good luck with it Bob :tup: I'm sure once you get into the swing of it, it'll feel like you have been doing it for years and I'm sure you'll not disappoint them
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Sarasocke

Good work, Bob!

I wish I'd had something like that - I trawled through loads of websites and flickr wedding groups.
It helped a bit, but I'm sure there's nothing like the real thing.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: rksmith51 on September 06, 2010, 08:40:46 PM
:) First practice wedding booking, I advertised on a free site offering my services for an expenses only fee. One person so far asked to see some of my work, now they want to pay me and have booked me for March, I have been very open with them and explained my situation. We meet next week at the venue to decide on shot locations and images required  :dance:

I have suggested that I also take some portrates of them there so that they can see my work first hand and that I will not be offended if they decide to look else where, so wish me luck guys I have a toe in the door and get to practice my people skills and my shooting technique and then a  :beer:.

Bob
There you go and showed gumption too. Good luck with the wedding and I'm sure you will do well.  :tup:

ABERS

The old 'Try before you buy' approach. None of the smoke and mirrors stuff to dazzle the prospective customer. Great stuff and good luck, not that you'll need it. :tup:

picsfor

Best of luck, though as said - you seem well on top of the situation.

What i find interesting on this site - is the methods people use to get themselves into a "fee earning position" with their photography.

Sarasocke

Another tip, Bob - just happened to me today. I found out that the Thank You Cards are expected to be sent within three weeks of the wedding in Switzerland. "My" wedding was on the 21st August and I sent the final DVD on the 4th Sept, two weeks later which I thought was quite acceptable. I got a mail from the bride this morning telling me about this three week thing ::)

Yet another step on the learning curve  :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

rksmith51

Thanks Carol, I was just thinking today, my niece is marrying a young chap of Indian decent, and there may be some traditions I should aware of, so some enquiries to be made. I also visited the location of the first wedding I have to do, and my wife kindly stood in as a subject for flash gun practice. I must do it again it was very valuable. I'm meeting the B&G at the location next week to decide on backdrop etc and I will take some shots of them, I'll post one or two for interest.

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.