• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 82
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 82
  • Total: 82
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

QOTD 29th October - Tripod Vs Hand Held

Started by spikeyjen, October 29, 2013, 02:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

Are you someone who always uses a tripod for that 'perfect shot' or are you lazy (I'd rather see it as flexible) and hand hold, increasing the ISO if the shutter speed is too slow?

Jediboy

I rarely used to use a tripod, but use one more and more now. Not always though. Sometimes I just grab the camera and leave for work 20 mins early. As I'm in a rush I don't tend to use one on these occasions. But if I'm planning going out, then yes, I use my tripod.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Reinardina

Maybe once a year. Not very practical for the type of photography I do at the moment.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

I use my tripod for some shots but on the whole go freehand because there is never time to set up for many of the shots I enjoy doing.

Lazy does not come into the equation when the light or subject is constantly changing as the flexibility of being freehand often lets you get the perfect shot.

As for increasing ISO for faster shutter speeds, perhaps I should do this more regularly given my Parkinson's shake.  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

I can't function without my tripod. I use it loads. Mostly this is because I wear varifocal lenses and as such, can't always focus manually, so need to us live view and a tripod. Also, because I like to do a lot of still life where a longer shutter speed is often required because of the lighting. I take it everywhere with me. Where my camera goes, my tripod goes.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

My tripod is older than me, but is rather more stable, if seemingly rather heavier.

I tend to only use it in the studio basement.

Can't be doing with lugging loads of stuff about at my time of life.  8)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

I use my tripod as much as possible, indoors and out. 

michaelb104

Indoors 90% of the time, outdoors probably 30%. My other half does get annoyed when I bring it along on long walks and then moan about carrying it  :legit:
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

ABERS

I'd struggle to recall the last time I used the one I've got. Can't think what came over me when I bought it! ???

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on October 29, 2013, 06:17:08 PM
I'd struggle to recall the last time I used the one I've got. Can't think what came over me when I bought it! ???

Probably needed a crutch to lean on!  :P :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.