• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 68
  • Total: 68
  • Baidu
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Moonlight Concerto

Started by 2Beers, February 19, 2015, 10:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Beers

65 Moonlight Concerto by Alex 60d, on Flickr

Taken around Midnight on a chilly night when out Aurora chasing the effect was created using a pixel stick and an exposure of around 30 sec

Thought I would start the ball rolling

Reinardina

Good try. Just wait and see how long it will roll.

You could have posted it here:
http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.315

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

2Beers

Quote from: Reinardina on February 19, 2015, 10:39:03 AM
Good try. Just wait and see how long it will roll.

You could have posted it here:
http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=339.315

Your correct I could have posted it there but I don't think it matters as it wont last long with 24 views and 1 reply

Reinardina

It has been read more often now, but you're right, not many replies.

Some of the regulars are on far flung holidays at the moment, so that could be part of the explanation.

But, it has been tried and tried again. The other thread is regularly 'revived,' but must have a weak constitution as it never lives long. And it's always the same people who react and post images.

What we need is something totally new, totally different, that grabs people by the throat, sets them thinking, spurs them into action, but what?

I recently tried to highlight some old pictures, and set up a poll to see which image people found most eye catching.
It worked, sort of, as people did vote and said why they preferred a certain shot, but it is not enough.

If I ever find the 'magic formula' I'll probably patent it and get rich. I'll grant Mick a license to use it, for a certain percentage of all the money the site will earn then, but sadly that day is very far off, I'm afraid.

Hinfrance

I've looked at this a few times.  What response is anticipated? There are no clues.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

A really provocative one might draw attention; I don't think it matters what it is about. Would be nice, if it is vaguely linked to photography.

ABERS

I like this image.  :tup:

The title and the obviously inserted key board go together well. How the keyboard image was created and inserted puzzled me until I Googled 'Pixel Stick' and all became a little clearer, only just though. ???

A couple of thoughts. The white dot on the central horizon, is it left there on purpose? Perhaps the keyboard should have a little perspective alteration, lay it back a bit, its upright position somewhat in your face. I immediately thought it was some kind of fence.

Out of boredom comes creativity, but I know exactly what you mean!

StephenBatey

I've no idea what a pixel stick is either; but if I need to understand technical (rather than motivational) details to appraise an image, then I'll pass it by.

I find that the bright central spot catches my eye too much, and I'd like to have had a little more on the right hand side so that the line formed by the top of the fence and continues over the block has a chance to meet the beach. As it stands, I think something is missing on that side.

I'm not sure what the tree stump (bottom left) adds.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.